Connecting at Heathrow BA to BA on separate tickets

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Simon

Our posts crossed, but we are agreed on BA walking if their flight was late and this alone caused the misconnect (which a 2 hour delay leaving probably would have done).

Just to reiterate, the ‘advice’ that the OP received to book a flight 90 mins after the incoming arrival, was very poor – in fact, I’d say crazy in the context of LHR.

My own standard would be at least 4 hours in between (same terminal) and more (maybe 5) if swapping terms. Ideally arriving late evening, stay overnight, fly the next morning.

Ahmad
    Participant

@FDOS_UK,
    Thank you for the thumbs up. I am not escaping my stated opinion, just clarifying the nature of it to ensure the record reflects it is not my ‘advice’. By the way, the key point in OP’s saga is that the two tickets would be construed as one based on the representation made by the BAEC agent, unless there is something to the contrary expressly and conspicuously stated in the terms and conditions of either one. So when MIA ground staff refused to combine the reservations, contrary to what the agent had represented, BA became ‘vicariously’ liable in both contract and tort.

@SimonS1
    I would be wary of taking BA to the cleaners on a mere change in policy without minutely examining the terms and conditions of both tickets to ensure there is no limitation of liability or exclusion clause.

Hktbound
    Participant

Happy New Year and thank you for all the great advice and discussion on this point which I have now closed to my satisfaction.
    Just after Christmas BA came back with an apology and an offer of 3000 Avios each which I rejected but have since today come back with a new offer of Avios compensation which I considered satisfactory and I have closed the complaint.
    I really appreciated all the advice I received on the matter from this forum.

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=784059]Happy New Year and thank you for all the great advice and discussion on this point which I have now closed to my satisfaction.
    Just after Christmas BA came back with an apology and an offer of 3000 Avios each which I rejected but have since today come back with a new offer of Avios compensation which I considered satisfactory and I have closed the complaint.
    I really appreciated all the advice I received on the matter from this forum.

[/quote]

A very happy and fulfilling new year to you too. Glad things worked out to your satisfaction.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls