Concorde Room advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• midorosan2
    Participant

Have to agree about the staff really poor, on my last visit in August I discussed it with the recently appointed manager ?? he had just joined BA from a cruise line and promised me it would be in better shape for my next visit.
    I’ll be there next month and if there is any change worth reporting I will.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I will pay my 3rd visit to the CCR at JFK on Thursday….I keep my expectations in check although it’s fair to say, the US CCR is in better shape than LHR.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Just dining in the CCR at JFK and tonight. It’s almost faultless, excellent food, great, attentive service. (why do we have to walk to the galleries to take a shower though?)

Sitting directly across from me is a well known British princess, seemingly without security in tow….I thought security followed them everywhere?

openfly
    Participant

Her security were there…….!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

openfly – 23/10/2015 09:35 BST

Well maybe that explains the dozen or so very large gentlemen looking like something out of the X-men standing outside the lounge entrance 🙂
    And there was me thinking the CCR security was somewhat overdone 🙂
    🙂

openfly
    Participant

:-))

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I am currently seated in the CCR at LHR awaiting my flight to Atlanta.

Overall pretty good with a nice breakfast and coffee – but spoiled by a few idiots who think this is their own personal office when using mobile phones….. Have these people no sense of the needs of others??

Also the toilets are a real mess and no fault at all of BA – I am disgusted by the way people (notably, those who travel in 1st or have a CCR card) treat these facilites…paper towels simply discarded on the floor instead of the bin, toilet seat covered in urine – no doubt expecting that someone else will clear it up….

Absolutely NOT the fault of BA but certainly the fault of some of the thoughtless types who frequent this area.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Absolutely NOT the fault of BA but certainly the fault of some of the thoughtless types who frequent this area.”

Can’t agree with this – BA are responsible for maintaining the lounge washrooms in a sanitary condition, regardless of the root cause.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

I have to agree with FDOS_UK, it is absolutely the fault of BA. They need to have more people cleaning the toilets so they are always in a useable state. You never see a dirty toilet in McDonald’s and they have a higher turnover of use with arguably a lesser wealthy customer.
    On Singapore airlines and Etihad in First the toilets are refreshed after every use. That’s service.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Sorry guys. I can’t agree. People should treat the facilities with respect in the first place.

Would you drop hand towels on the floor at home? Would you urinate without lifting the seat at home? Having had an ‘accident’ on the seat, would you simply leave it covered in urine if you were at home?

Maybe the McDonald’s comment says more about the people who use the facilities at McDonalds compared to some who use the CCR…

esselle
    Participant

There is normally an attendant posted at the toilets (not just the CCR, but in the other BA lounges at LHR), and in my experience the cleaning is done pretty promptly and efficiently, but there can be no excuse whatsoever for the slovenly behaviour described. It is simply common courtesy. Interesting to note however, that this sort of behaviour appears not to be repeated once on board.

At least there’s nobody stretching cling film over the WC like we used to do at school………….

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Esselle………

Ah yes, the old cling film trick……takes me right back to my ATC days….what fun we had 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

There are two separate issues here:

1 – how to treat facilities

2 – who is responsible for dealing with the mess

On the first point I go with the flow and agree that users should treat facilities with respect.

On the second, it is the owner of the facilities.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls