Concorde lounge entry when departing from T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Matt6561
    Participant

When BA operated the 4 class 747 LHR-BKK in 2013 from T3, i was booked in First class one evening. However i had business to conduct that day early PM in AMS. So the plane was to take a morning flight LHR-AMS T5 in Club Europe, then eve flight back to LHR T5, change to T3 then enter the First galleries at T3.

I had never been to the Concorde lounge before. As i exited security at T5 when heading to AMS, i saw the Concorde lounge access door to my right. I considered if BA was accept a request of entering the Concorde lounge with my (already in possession) 1st B.P. to BKK that same very day. I presented both boarding passess C.E to AMS and 1st to BKK. Two staff member looked at each other, then around the lounge. After a nod or two, to my surprise they said yes.

So i did a tour took advantage of food and bev before heading to AMS.
    I then enjoyed the, not as present, 1st galleries that evening in T3.
    Two first BA lounges at the same airport in different terminals.

Has anyone else been able to enter a lounge for a different terminal that perhaps consider you may not?
    Or have you even done the same thing as me? Were you permitted or denied?

openfly
    Participant

Denied!

ontherunhome
    Participant

Flying back from Dubai to LHR on a Qantas A380, with my wife and son, we were able to access Emirates lounge, I had either silver or gold,BA at the time, so only 1 guest, but as my son was poorly, too much sun, they took pity and let us in for the hour or so wait. ( note at LHR as it was Emirates metal, no oneworld access,or benefits, even though a QF flightcode)
    This was a quick extra holiday for a few days to visit friends from Kuwait, so travelling economy.

Hated Emirates, so much so will never fly with them again.Had a very poor check in in DXB, as I said my son was quite ill, and needed a wheelchair. Eventually found someone, and they organised it, but it was hard work. Eventually spoke with Qantas manager and told them in no uncertain terms how poor Emirates had been.( aprt from staff who let us in lounge out of sympathy, who were shocked to receive a big box of chocolates as a thank you.)

Qantas, was more basic on board, but much preffered the service and attitude.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls