Compulsory vaccine for flying

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)

• TonyR
    Participant

@MartynSinclair. We are a way off still any passport having value for unrestricted travel. First the vaccine is not completely protective. As the recent analysis of the Israeli vaccination programme has shown, the Pfizer vaccine is 94% effective meaning 6% of those who have had it are still vulnerable to catching COVID. The second is we are still waiting for clarification of whether it reduces the symptoms when you get COVID or prevents you catching it. Until the latter is known to be the case, the vaccinated could be potential infectors similar to the current asymptomats – no symptoms but infectious. HTH.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1092789]Martyn โ€“ this โ€œdisputeโ€ between us[/quote]

Never .. ๐Ÿ™‚

We must stop and say hello next time we walk past each other by the petrol station ๐Ÿ™‚

My point was the roll out of the Israeli vaccine passport does not really have any more use than the bit of cardboard we get in the UK, when we are vaccinated. It of course SHOULD HAVE, but the world needs to work a bit harder first……

Stevescoots
    Participant

I think just as with the vaccine rollout then any global recognised passport will end up being mired with politics such that it will be impossible. you only have to look at the EU/UK/Can/Astra fiasco, are western countries going to recognise russian or chinese , or passports coming out of very corrupt countries. I suspect it will be individual countries stating what vaccines they accept and from where and nothing will happen until countries have passed at least the 50% vaccination internally.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls