Company procedure for cancelled service

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

My partner was booked through to Entebbe via the now cancelled EK23/24 service to Dubai, it was only by me seeing it online that she knew the flight was cancelled.

When she enquired today they informed her that they had pre booked her on an earlier flight, again without informing her.

What is the general policy for airlines in this situation?

To be fair to Emirates they did sort out a later flight for her but all the same I find it a little disconcerting especially if she had other arrangements to change.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I cannot comment specifically on EK, as I haven’t experienced a cancellation with them, but in general sometimes airlines tell you and sometimes they don’t – it’s the same with schedule changes. I find the locos are the best at communicating in this respect.

Similarly, sometimes airlines automatically re-book and sometimes they don’t.

It is disconcerting to find out on the way she did, I agree and it is very bad customer service, but we are talking airlines……

Added: sometimes emails don’t get through, just a thought.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls