Cold/flu symptoms on arrival

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Deleted_User
    Participant

I have noticed that quite often I come down with a bad cold verging on the flu after an intercontinental flight.

Has any other poster had the same experience?

RichardB
    Participant

I did suffer from this in the past. Eventually I realised it was due to eating food without washing my hands properly. It’s amazing to see people pick up bread rolls and sandwiches on the plane and eat them without cleaning their hands. They have travelled through airports, touched countless things and then touch their sandwiches.
    Carrying a bottle of hand cleaner and paying much more attention to hand washing cut the number of times I got sick after a long flight by a huge amount.

Ahmad
    Participant

I also ended up with a cold most of the time until I started wearing an extra layer of clothing, usually a vest or a pullover depending on where I was going. That seems to have done the trick.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Re-circulated air is never any good, so could be a mild dose of Legionnaires disease. Alternatively maybe a chill caused by temperature differences. Never (touch wood) suffered personally but I know of people who have.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls