Coffee in the sky

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

I like coffee.

Best cup I’ve had on a plane would be Emirates cappuccino just before I landed into Singapore.

Worst cup I’ve had would be that bile they pass off as “Starbucks” on Easyjet and then charge you £850.00 for it to burn the lining off your mouth, throat and stomach lining.

Proudly serve my ar*e.

Regards.
    AOTG.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I never drink coffee so can’t really comment. I love the smell but not the taste. The only exception is Arabic coffee which Saudia do particularly well.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

I too like coffee. Which is why I usually pass on the brown foul tasting liquid that is offered on most flights.

A personal favourite is Mehmet Efendi from Istanbul:

http://www.wittistanbul.com/magazine/kurukahveci-mehmet-efendi-turkeys-oldest-turkish-ground-coffee-seller/

canucklad
    Participant

Can’t really comment…..As long as it’s black and kicks me into the day I’m good……when flying I will opt for coffee over tea if I’m not on a British airline and there isn’t fresh milk…..

Mediocre coffee is drinkable, you can’t say that for tea!

Binman62
    Participant

Expresse on CX first….as always with CX faultless.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I think the best coffee experience is on longhaul OS where they bring you a coffee menu at the end of the meal and it’s as good as anything you will find in a Vienna Coffee House.

Tramor01
    Participant

I’d second that HT!
    Do & Co’s catering on Austrian long haul is probably one of the best .

JamesBAgold
    Participant

Nespresso coffee (also served in Nespresso cups & saucers) from BA in First takes a lot to beat.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Bad coffee is more forgiving than bad tea. my absolute favourite is a good Greek coffee.
    Binman62 on another note, do you fly with Cathay a lot ? Have you noticed them losing the plot a little at times lately ? That said I had an excellent flight this week

NTarrant
    Participant

AOTG – Interestingly there are a number of outlets that are “proudly serving” Starbucks coffee I have noticed. South West Trains are also guilty.

I’m more of a tea drinker but recently on a journey to London fancied a coffee on the train, I wish I hadn’t, given a choice of medium or strong I chose medium, it was from a sachet and disgusting. Perhaps it is to boost sales of bottled drinks.

WilliamCooper
    Participant

The very best tasting coffee ever from an airline has to be Malaysian Airlines. They offer two different blends in business class on there A380 from London to Kuala Lumpur.
    There was a write up about there business class flight on the A380 in the Expat magazine (Malaysia) and there coffee was heavily mentioned in the write up.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“I never drink coffee so can’t really comment. I love the smell but not the taste. The only exception is Arabic coffee which Saudia do particularly well.”

Yes, they do. I like a date with my Arabic coffee.

Senator
    Participant

I would agree with Henkel.Trocken and Tramor01 that the Austrian Vienna style coffee offering on their long-haul is second to none. Come to think of it; with the new OS business class seat installed, the overall value proposition of OS (IMHO) is at the top of European airlines far surpassing the mother herself; Lufthansa.

I find it particular entertaining to watch airline staff in the US come on-board with Starbucks etc as the offering they serve to their customers, even in premium cabins is downright dreadful. At the bottom of all of this, I find American Airlines; simply awful.

The AA experience remind me of the old (I think) Monty Python quote: “American coffee is like making love in a canoe, it’s f******* close to water” (paraphrased). Sadly this holds true for AA.

I for one, like a strong single/double espresso after a meal.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Senator wrote:
    “The AA experience remind me of the old (I think) Monty Python quote: “American coffee is like making love in a canoe, it’s f******* close to water” (paraphrased). Sadly this holds true for AA.”

HA!

Before I get accused of being anti-American, I’ve been spending R & R time in the US since the late ’80’s and still go now, in case you’ve missed my blethering’s (Scottish for musings) elsewhere I am in the midst of putting together a Californian Christmas for this year. I have some really good friends in Ft. Lauderdale who we visit annually and have been to east/mid/west/north & south US with one thing and another.

In all those years, and in all that time of going I am always amazed at just how bad their ‘coffee’ is. I don’t know if it is because of the water, but even making it in my room with bottled stuff doesn’t really work.

When I initially went to America, I was expecting amazing coffee (and apple pie) yet bizarrely I simply cannot find it. My American buddy travels to Europe, sometimes with me, and as proud an American as he is, and he really is, he is forced to concur that whilst his nation has an obsession with coffee, they can’t seem to brew it properly.

I am sure now to be shot down in flames from those cousins who do in fact know somewhere that serves decent stuff….just saying that I’ve yet to find it.

Oh say can you see…
    Regards.
    AOTG.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls