Codeshare seat selection not possible?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Chutzpahflyer
    Participant

On Feb 14 I checked in online for my Feb 15 evening flight from MIA to JFK on AA, booked as a through flight connecting to BA’s morning flight JFK to LHR. On Feb 15 I tried to check in online for the BA flight, where I wanted to change my seat. Couldn’t do it. The BA site insisted I go to the AA site to check in. No way from there to check-in for the BA flight separately, nor – critically – to go to seat selection for the BA flight. I left the AA site, went to BA’s MMB site and clicked seat selection, but all it did was bring up the link to the AA check-in site again.
    Did I do something wrong or is this an oversight in the system for codeshare connecting flights?

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Strange – I’ve selected seats on AA flights booked under a BA codeshare before.

The only times it doesn’t let me do that is when I get an F upgrade – so I don’t grumble when that happens!

Tirana1
    Participant

It is also not possible to make a seat selection for certain Iberia codeshare flights with BA which considering co-ownership by IAG is pathetic.

Chutzpahflyer
    Participant

SergeantMajor, sorry if I wasn’t clear. I selected my AA seat when I made my booking, and checked it again when I checked in online for the AA flight. I wanted to change my seat selection on the BA flight, to move to an exit row, which is only possible 24 hours before departure (except for Golds). But I couldn’t get access to the BA seating site.

flydrive
    Participant

Maybe you’ve checked this, but there are different booking references for AA and BA, so if you have an AA ticket with a BA flight, you will need to find out the BA booking reference so you can go into the BA website to manage your booking. It will be different than the AA one. For some reason they are not linked, but I seem to recall that the AA website will refer to the BA reference somewhere. I’ve run into quite a lot of issues on this, and if you call BA to claim missing Avios, they cannot locate the booking with the AA reference alone, which amazes me and can be quite annoying to track down as all of your official AA docs will only refer to their booking reference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls