CMB – BKK

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Stretch
    Participant

I’ll be travelling from Colombo to Bangkok in December. There are 3 airlines that run this route – Sri Lankan, Thai and Cathay. Logic tells me to go with Cathay, as I am a One World Sapphire card holder with Emerald attainable within this membership year. But I’d like to see if the other 2 airlines are worth trying out. Any advice on which airline is better on this route would be welcome.

ydbtravel
    Participant

I don’t think Thai or SriLankan will beat Cathay. That said, if you want to try one of them, it might be a good opportunity, however, note that Thai might still be running old A300s or A310s on that route, and Srilankan is notoriously unreliable, even though their cabin service and food is good. All in all, I think Cathay might be the best bet – esp if it helps you get to Emerald. You will also likely get bette service in CMB on Cathat as a FF elite.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I probably agree with ydb, but I found the Air Lanka crew to be amongst the friendliest I’ve ever encountered. True, the overall product is not up there with the likes of Cathy but crew efforts more than make up for this. Unless FF points are critical to you, I’d try them out.

Btw, are air Lanka not affiliated in their FF scheme with Emirates?

Henryp1
    Participant

Sri Lankan is very friendly and service acceptable, as with any carrier when its good its good. Aircraft are old, nice lounge in CMB. Sri Lankan split from Emirates some years ago including the FFP.
    For a short flight I would choose my favourite airline.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls