Club World trials

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

If 80% of passenger wanted the same starter then with rferguson figures of starters being 60/40 split then 20% of passengers would be disappointed in not getting the starter they saw on the menu and wanted. That customer feedback would probably warrant some change. The other option is to load extra starters so everyone gets their 1st choice and chuck the rest in a black bin bag for later recycling.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I am just about to book a J class return flight from Manchester to the Middle East, leaving next week.

I have two choices with a single transfer:

– BA via LHR – £2,564
    – QR via DOH – £912

I wonder if QR will be able to afford to give me a starter, at all?

DerekVH
    Participant

Is there sufficient space in one of the Galleys to remove everything and fit in a Subway franchise?

MrMichael
    Participant

FDOS, I would suggest you opt for QR, seems a lot cheaper, I guess QR are struggling to fill their planes whereas BA are not. If you don’t get a starter (I am pretty sure you will, maybe even a nice one) I figure £1500 should make up for your disappointment 🙂

openfly
    Participant

QR Business Class is consistently excellent. They can even afford a vase with 20 red roses on the garadon…Not a dead daisy in sight! For workers, drivers, non-drinkers..the alcohol-free champagne is very quaffable!

Wasborntotravel
    Participant

To be honest I’m not worried about a single choice of starter, other ‘premium airlines’ as already mentioned only offer one.

The good news is the mattress topper, as this will certainly help improve the comfort of the current seat. Other airlines are able to offer turn down service on flights with as many if not more club passengers so not sure why this should be a problem for BA, lets face it not everyone wants to go to sleep at the same time. The challenge and its one they all face is the space they take up in the overhead lockers, further limiting the space available for passengers

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think the only challenge for the Club turndown service, which is probably the main reason this is being trialled, is to see how passengers and crew are going to cope with having to climb over a potentially sleeping passenger, if the window seat passenger asks for turn down AFTER the aisle seat passenger is already flat out and fast asleep. It will be a continual hopping over legs exercise and whilst the service sounds good, I think it is going to be very hard to service.

Also, whilst many passengers are considerate, clearly there will be some passengers and crew who are not as considerate. If the overlay (mattress) is in the overheads, crews MUST be taught to use the latch to close the overhead and not just slam the overhead shut.

It will be interesting to see how this will work…

openfly
    Participant

@MartynSinclair You are so right. This really hasn’t been thought through. Most passengers respect each other. But the crew will slam the lockers incessantly….we know it will happen! With 14 passengers in First already suffering noise from the “turn-down service” it will be bedlam in the Club cabins.
    Congratulations to the job experience kid who came up with the idea! You will make a great BA manager…

globaltraveller
    Participant

Wonderful, maybe that explains why there was no bedding through out the first class cabin on my recent return from the US, the cabin crew filled out comment cards for every passenger and still waiting two weeks later to hear from BA. I heard another passenger got a reply and it consisted of “sorry” we hope your next fight with us will be better or words to that effect, unbeleiveable!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls