Club World London City Reductions / BA3 & BA4 Cancelled

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• StephenLondon
    Participant

I just received a text message from BA asking me to ring them due to a cancellation on a forthcoming itinerary.

The agent advsied that, from 30 October, the BA003 and BA004 Airbus A318 service from London City to New York JFK was permanently cancelled.

I have flown 35 segments on these sectors since they started, as I really have enjoyed the flights and the convenience of London City. I have found the crew to be terrific on almost every sector, and even the food was fairly decent.

I find it a shame BA are shelving one of these services, but clearly the disadvantage of the BA003 no longer clearing US immigration in SNN must be a factor, along with the rise in customers holding Global Entry and the new passport machines at JFK T7 making entry to the US easier.

Quite what BA might do with the spare A318 is interesting…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

These A318s are leased, aren’t they?

Perhaps they want to return one to save costs?

Henryp1
    Participant

That’s unfortunate but at least we are booked on the 001 which may well be full after October.

icenspice
    Participant

Perhaps BA could use the spare one on a Club Europe-heavy route ex LHR.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

They could also fit it out with ET seats and increase the capacity at LCY or LGW.

travelworld
    Participant

I wonder if that is good or bad news for this airline, which says it is starting a range of business class only services from London City to the US and Middle East next year. http://www.flyody.com/home.aspx ..

Cloud-9
    Participant

Amuse bouche cut in F, no choice of salad in J: at least we know what the BA September cut is!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I could see this coming and think we discussed it when the preclearance facility was removed on the later flight. I agree, apart from the convenience of LCY there’s little advantage now in using the service.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls