Club Europe (London City)

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

So, whilst London City is fast becoming my least favourite departure point from the UK, I have to praise BA for the Club Europe product, (LCY style)

In and out of Heathrow, a salad or curled up sandwiches are considered suitable fodder. Yet out of LCY, you are not only given a hot meal, but a choice of hot meals, served to your seat.

This was to the same destination (Frankfurt) and bear in mind the flight time to/from LCY is shorter than to/from LHR.

Yes LCY is operated by City Flyer BUT it remains a BA flight number and product.

Why is there such a difference in standards??

sparkyflier
    Participant

I flew from LCY to MAD a few months ago and the food was great -and quite a few courses and that was for breakfast. Maybe as there is no lounge at LCY the meals are given a higher budget. Seat was decent as well – love the E190s.

StephenLondon
    Participant

Perhaps there is a difference because the seating on CityFlyer is not the same as BA Mainline? I like the product most of the time as the cabin tends to be small, the crew are 99% proactive, kind and helpful, and they don’t (yet) have to deal with the BoB debacle seen at LHR / LGW.

Drawbacks have been recent fog issues at LCY (not their fault, clearly) and all the building work at the airport, but that had yielded a better departure experience.

Our choice last evening inbound from FRA was a terikayi salmon or filet of beef, both served with salad (large) and chocolate cake. All customers had two seats to themselves. ET was packed out.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

LCY CE meals are not always hot – for a while the main dishes were both salads: chicken and Chorizo or Smoked mackerel. Personally I prefer salads.

ON LCY CE You have a risk of having someone next to you. Only LH keeps the seat next to you free on their Embrears (2-2). Though more often than not I have had the seat next to me free. As noted there is also no lounge. So catering is really the only way of differentiating.

747foreverforus
    Participant

Don’t tell Alex Cruz that it’s a good service, otherwise he will will decide it needs to be enhanced (I.e reduced to the same crap that you get on LHR and LGW services), the reason he will put forward is that he flys more people out of LHR than LCY and they all LOVE the club Europe crap (sorry service) therefore he will need to impose this on his LCY service

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=791340]ON LCY CE You have a risk of having someone next to you. Only LH keeps the seat next to you free on their Embrears (2-2). Though more often than not I have had the seat next to me free. As noted there is also no lounge. So catering is really the only way of differentiating.

[/quote]

To quote ba.com

“Your comfort on board is our highest priority. The Club Europe cabin is situated at the front of the plane. We keep the middle seat free so you can always enjoy a guaranteed window or aisle seat and more personal space for working and relaxing.

On most of our UK domestic and European flights from London Heathrow and Gatwick, you can experience our newly refurbished seats and cabin interiors. Inspired by the elegance of our flagship Airbus A380s and Boeing 787s, you can expect:

contemporary LED lighting that adjusts throughout the flight to help you relax
    bespoke leather seats with 76.2cm (30″) legroom that are innovatively designed to maximise your personal space
    fully movable headrests and eye-level magazine storage for your comfort

And of course, you can expect the same high levels of thoughtful and attentive service from our cabin crew every time. We think you’ll feel right at home.”

Then at the bottom of the page

“On flights with our London City subsidiary, BA CityFlyer (at London City and London Stansted), customers in Euro Traveller enjoy the same comfortable seat width and similar legroom to Club Europe.”

Please will you explain how this descriptioin is accurate, given your comments?

FDOS_UK
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls