Club Avanti

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Rferguson2
    Participant

I have reached the dizzying hights of Gold!

To be honest I didn’t even know I was enrolled in ‘Club Avanti’ and once receiving the information that I have reached Gold information About the program is difficult to come by.

I have been using Avanti once or twice a month between London and Manchester for commuting purposes and 90% of the time buy the cheapest standard advance purchase or an off peak return so was pleasantly surprised to receive notification of reaching ‘gold’ in my inbox today.

Attached was a voucher code to redeem for a Standard Premium return journey on any Avanti West Coast route which seems fairly decent as well as a barcode to use for 10% off at the onboard shop. And then there’s a teaser about continuing my patronage with Avanti to reach the jewel in the crown – Avanti Platinum.

Jokes aside, if you use Avanti even if it’s every now and then it could be worth looking into. I mean a Standard Premium return ticket is a decent perk after riding on the lowest fares.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

Good on you! I am envious because in all the 1990s. to the middle 2000s, I was travelling that route approximately 50 to 60 times a year, always 1st class. I never received any recognition from BR/Virgin, although many of the onboard staff recognised me and looked after me.

tonywells1961
    Participant

I found myself in a similar situation where I wasn’t aware I was enrolled and now find myself as a Platinum member although I am not 100% sure how I got there.

This entitles me to a free 1st class return journey- as you say, well worth it.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: Standard Premium with Avanti.

One thing I have noticed is that this ‘third class’ cannot be booked through Trainline.com which must be the main rail booking site in the UK.

I say that because Trainline also powers several other train operators.

For example, I just checked EMR (powered by Trainline) and Standard Premium for London-Glasgow with Avanti is not displayed.

This reminds me of the time when airlines introduced premium economy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls