CIV scoring system

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

The is not unusual Ryanair operates a system called REP – (rob every punter) where facial recognition software is used to see if you are still happy, if the system detecs any smile or grin it applies a new surcharge until the customers face returns to the Ryanair approved “I can’t think why we booked with this crowd” look.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Charles-P : Has Ryanair generated any money from their ‘Happy camper’ surcharge yet? I doubt it.

Charles-P
    Participant

Well ‘Tim2sms’ I can’t really say. One experience of Ryanair was enough to convince me never to fly them again. I know people say you get what you pay for and that’s true but I don’t understand why:

a) the staff are always so bloody miserable

b) they expect to keep adding charges and not have people complain.

Cwyfan
    Participant

If Upandaway hates statements that are not true being publish, why did he post again after saying he would not say anything else on the matter?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just wondering if Swiss / Lufthansa / Miles and More have a similar system? I’m signed up to their “Company Plus” service and this tracks my spend with them. However, only once was I met at the gate and taken straight to the lounge by car. I asked why and was told “it was a special treat as I was a good customer!” It has never happened since.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Great post!

Has the CIV system evolved recently with the changes that occurred last month?

EdTraveller
    Participant

I dont know where i sit within the scoring system but as a gold card holder and high user for at least ten years it must still be pretty low according to yesterdays experience. Myself, my Wife and young Son travelled on the first flight from LHR to EDI and as the Galleries lounge was empty i tried to gain access for two family guests………no chance !! I was curtly turned away with a ” Computer says No ” monotone delivery. What can i do ? I have started by changing next months bookings to Manila and New York from BA to Emirates and Continental respectively.

Flagflier
    Participant

“Could I ask what relevance it has on the PIL? Given service in the air should be the same for any passenger within the same cabin, why does it need to be there? What possible use does it have at 40,000 feet apart from being used as some kind of differentiator?

I can understand why BA would want this in the ground and it makes perfect commercial sense – why not score your passengers based upon spend and then target them accordingly, but not in the air when each first or CW passenger should receive the same service regardless. Or is the PIL used for another purpose?”

Loyal_BA,
    With regards to the PIL in the air, this information is useful in basics such as offering high CIV customers their meal choice in premium cabins when necessary, in a cabin full of Golds and Silvers! I’m not saying this happens all the time, but that’s the idea.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Flagflier – any company should know as much about their customers as possible. Giving a tailored service by knowing your customer does not mean it is a different LEVEL of service.

EdTraveller – you “tried” to gain access for your son, implying you must have been aware in advance of the likely outcome.

To change to a new airline purely because the attempt failed, seems drastic. As has often been said before, the only way to avoid these situations, which can be extremely embarrassing, is to try and gain access before hand via customer services. They don’t always say no.

Flagflier
    Participant

MartynSinclair

I was simply commenting on a previous post of ‘why does it need to be there.’

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Apologies Flagflier – now seen the previous posting, didn’t see the quotation marks.

I still think it is a good idea as any additional information about regular or even not so regular passengers enables the crews to provide a more individual level of service.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Individual service = different service , therefore being used as a differentiator as stated in my original post.

Since the post (which is 1 year old), I’ve actually done a bit of research in terms of asking crew and BA directly about the CIV.

Cabin crew should not zigzag all over the cabin to ensure passengers with a high CIV score are served first – they should work back to front or front to back.

In premium cabins they should be addressing you by name

On the ground those with the highest CIV score are at the top of the list if operational upgrades are required

On the ground, passengers with a higher CIV score will get a greater level of support/service recovery should they need and BA have internally published guidelines (I.e. some with a score of 10 may get 20,000 miles for a broken bed in CW, someone with a score of 80 may get 100,000 miles – the figures here are not correct, just used as an example)

So coming back to my original point, I don’t believe it really has a place on the PIL – having spoken to some crew, when they see those with 99/100 on the list it can actually lead to a percieved reduction in service because they know service has to be flawless so they try too hard.

Is there a use for it on the ground – absolutely. In the air, if I’ve bought a first class seat, I expect a first class service and I don’t expect the lady or gentleman next to me to be getting any more or any less.

If anyone actually wants their score you can ask a friendly CSD – most will tell you although you have to ask quite discretely. Or you can write to BA and ask them to disclose under the Data Protection Act.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Hi LP,
    “Just wondering if Swiss / Lufthansa / Miles and More have a similar system? I”: Have you figured out?

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Will CIV scores be influenced by the more widely available “Lifetime TPs” score recently introduced?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Will CIV scores be influenced by the more widely available “Lifetime TPs” score recently introduced?”

Does anyone care?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls