Cityjet to axe Cardiff-Glasgow

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Following on from the ending of its flights at Cambridge (see online news dated September 30) Cityjet has confirmed to Business Traveller that its Cardiff-Glasgow route (which it started earlier this year) will close while it will reduce the frequency of its Edinburgh-Glasgow service from three to two flights.

The changes will be made from the start of the winter timetable. There must be quite a few disappointed passengers, namely those who would have booked CityJet flights to Scotland over the Christmas/New Year period.

So far no other carrier has appeared to take on the Glasgow route once Cityjet quits.

SimonS1
    Participant

Edinburgh to Glasgow? Sounds a short hop;)

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Apologies, Simon. It should be Cardiff to Edinburgh.

MarcusGB
    Participant

A further demise of CityJet.

I flew from AMS – LHR on KLM last weekend, and sat next to a very well informed Dutch Businessman, dealing in commodities, and also a history as a jeweller, living in Central London.

He stated that he though the Cityjet services used to be better for him to LCY, but he was fed up of their lessening state of the aircraft, not clean, and ever changing food which no one ate. He was not happy with the standards compared to KLM.
    He further stated that they had almost tripled their prices since being cut off from AF, and that he no longer uses them.
    I had to agree the same experience over 4 years, and when BA are running Embraer’s on these routes, it is no wonder CityJet loses business to this far better more comfortable aircraft..
    I noted for a trip next week, both Airlines fly to Rotterdam, so to refresh my impressions, i booked one way on each service to compare.

I shall write them up, be very interesting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls