CitizenM Hotel Bankside – Anyone stayed there?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Mkcol. The lights and blinds are fun. Red, green and blue as the “mood” takes me!

MarcusUK
    Participant

Good to see that their Unique approach stands, after quite a few years. Variations between hotels in large groups can be quite considerable.
    I like the idea of the psychology, you own controls for mood and function within the room, but use as merely a bedroom, other main rooms amongst others in the complex, for different activities.

The 24 cafe / bar is good too.
    Innovative in its time i think, as with the Schiphol one which was first. Great views from the rear rooms of the airports and runways!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well I’m checking out this morning and what a pleasant stay. The staff are so friendly and I’d recommend the very reasonably priced dinner buffet to anyone who happens to be passing by or staying. The room is small but the big double bed with 4 large pillows means you can relax while watching TV or, as I did, sit in the “funky” lounge and watch the hustle and bustle going on.

The free, high speed internet is also great and if this hotel can do it why can’t all hotels provide it?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just checked out after my third stay in this hotel.

I really just wanted to add how great the staff are. Breakfast is normally served at 6.30 but i needed to check out at 6 am so asked if they could provide something for me at 5.45 They said they would and I expected some cornflakes.

I went down at 5.43 and was amazed they had laid out a full buffet for me, except for sausages! When i enquired if there were any the lady asked her colleague for the time. He replied 5.44 and she answered me, “in one minute sir”. At 5.45 precisely they arrived and i enjoyed a full early breakfast.

I was so impressed so top marks to them. I’ll definitely stay here again and the location for me is perfect being less than ten minutes on foot to London Bridge station or three minutes on the bus that also goes to Waterloo and Covent Garden.

BigDog.
    Participant

Have you tried ME on the Strand/Aldwych LP?
    Am fascinated by it as the building was my home base for over a decade before being very impressively converted/transformed into a boutique, though 150 rooms, hotel.

mkcol74
    Participant

@LP I bet you’re delighted you took that punt on this hotel back in May & I’m pleased to see it’s been a great experience each time for you 😀

MarcusGB
    Participant

Pleased your stay went well.
    I think C M is a great concept, simple, but functional and features in the room to make the “Feel” as you want it.

Having stayed in the Schiphol one over many years, which was the First, it is always so busy with business travellers outnumbering the leisure.

Your bedroom is just that, only one place in the hotel you can go, and as a single traveller, you feel as though you are in a club or house. Your room is yr bedroom, and the bar, TV lounge, work areas, food and drinks / cafe, all part of your house when you stay. This is where they are groundbreaking and innovative.

Every stay i have had has been a real treat and terrific. It proves, you do not have to spend a lot of money for an excellent simple, high tech, friendly concept.

As single travellers, your merely feel you are in a club with others, and it is far better than large hotels, you feel far more personalised.
    Shame they did not develop more of these Citizen M;s, but they are unique.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls