China Visa in Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

RedHand
    Participant

Does anyone have any advice on getting a business visa for China in Hong Kong? Any tips to speed up the process, e.g. local visa agents? I’d like a Multi-Entry visa if possible (I have previous ones in my passport). Getting a visa in my current country of residence isn’t an option at present. Tnx.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Yes, it can easily be arranged through a travel agent here. The most well-known is China Travel Service

http://www.ctshk.com/english/useful/chinesevisa.htm

Note the documentation requirements:
    (I) Visa Notification Form, or a letter issued by the company he/she is employed and the registration license of this company, or an invitation letter from the mainland company ant the registration license of this company.
    (II) Under some circumstances, the applicants may be required to provide financial proof, a copy of Chinese hotel booking and return flight ticket booking.

azidane
    Participant

I arranged visas for mainland China through a travel agent in HKG and the first time was for a single entry and second time for a multiple entry. I can not remember exactly how much it was, but was somewhere in the region of HKD500 and was done in one day. There are a few travel agents around the Nathan Road area of Kowloon that can arrange this but dont use China Travel Service (CTS) the govt owned travel agent as they charge a lot more to arrange a next day visa. Sorry I could not help more, but if I remember the name of the travel agent I used I will post it.

azidane
    Participant

Just found this on tripadvisor, they charge HKD745 for a same day visa where CTS is nearly double that.

Forever Bright are almost next to the Science Museum at New Mandarin Plaza, 14 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East. You can e-mail them for processing times and fees at;

<a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

The last time I was in Hong Kong there was a CTS desk landside just opposite the arrivals area. Can you confirm please Ian?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Correct – Counter A4 in the Arrival Hall. Don’t know whether they offer visa services there, though. They also have a counter in the Terminal 2 check-in area – Counter C7, C11

Thanks. I now remember asking them if they could issue express visas for future reference and the answer was yes, but this was back in 2007.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Ditto Ian’s post and I would say that CTS is the easiest route as they have offices all over HK and are normally efficient although imo central offices may be better for English speaking/comprehension if you need assistance. Note I use the word may.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls