China Southern EU to Guangzhou any advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

Am planning a trip to China and looking at CDG > CAN 777 returning CAN > AMS 330.

Anyone tried either of these?

alan
    Participant

I recently flew from London on this route.

Very impressed, seats comfortable, even in the back, FAR superior to the likes of Virgin etc. Cabin staff extremely attentive and helpful, and the food was above average for the class flown.

alainboy56
    Participant

Yes. I used this route a few times a few years ago CDG-CAN with AF and sometimes especially my return choice was a CZ A332, outbound invariable because of my connections were with AF B772. To be honest I preferred the CZ service, although I was traveling Biz and on CZ its huge and spacious, the AF service merely a standard Biz set up. They also carry a French girl on CZ for translation purposes and likewise a Chinese girl on AF. They are not trained cabin crew, but just merely to take food/drink orders and communicate.
    So to summarise, do not be afraid of CZ, I have also used them many times ex DXB to CAN on B772’s and also internally in China. They are a good Chinese airline.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Thanks for the advice. I would be travelling Biz, but forgot to mention that.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

FaroFlyer, I don’t know if you have any particular alliance affiliation but I would add that China Southern recently quit SkyTeam, so if you were hoping for alliance points/miles/privileges then those are no longer available

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi Ian, Thanks for the reminder. My main alliance is Avios as I have BA LTG. Last week BA costs reduced to become about €200 dearer than CZ for total trip, including getting to AMS to start. I used 20k Avios to offset the cost, and will still earn about 12k Avios net.

Of course, after I booked there is now the threat of BA pilots’ strike action disrupting the trip, but I expect that as BA LTG they will do their best to get me there and back

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls