China release first coronavirus vaccine for use by the Army

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

According to media reports in Hong Kong the vaccine identified as Ad5-nCoV that has already been through two phases of clinical trials which indicated it was safe and there was a “relatively high” immune response to the antigen.
    The PLA has approved its use for a year but it has not been authorised for civilian purposes as the third and final clinical trial is not yet completed.
    This seems a significant step forward in the fight to beat this coronavirus blight.

1 user thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Well they have had more time to work on it as they were the country that gave us the pandemic in the first place! And no I am not embarrassed or ashamed to say, here in Asia if they had moved much quicker and stopped the wave of Chinese leaving for CNY this year when they knew about the virus back in Dec 19 maybe just maybe we wouldnt be in the situation we are in now!

5 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

It was I that reported the above post for the statement content that is mainly of a political nature with no real news or information value thus I believe not appropriate to this forum. Nothing personal intended K1ngston, I don’t necessarily disagree totally with you but this is I believe the wrong place to air personal political views.

K1ngston
    Participant

It was I that reported the above post for the statement content that is mainly of a political nature with no real news or information value thus I believe not appropriate to this forum. Nothing personal intended K1ngston, I don’t necessarily disagree totally with you but this is I believe the wrong place to air personal political views.

I understand but doesnt change my view… can’t always be politically correct cwoodward 🙂

cwoodward
    Participant

Thanks for responding in a good spirit K1ngston however:
    It’s not I believe a case of ‘political correctness’ more one of this being an inappropriate vehicle for your personal political views.
    If it was I would perhaps have posted that this an interesting day for us here in Hong Kong!

K1ngston
    Participant

Thanks for responding in a good spirit K1ngston however:
    It’s not I believe a case of ‘political correctness’ more one of this being an inappropriate vehicle for your personal political views.
    If it was I would perhaps have posted that this an interesting day for us here in Hong Kong!

Yes indeed! Duly noted and please take care, and when in Singapore or Thailand next reach out please 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry if I put my head on the chopping block here, but I tend to agree with K1ngston, and it’s a view shared by many, but they are too scared to say it. Further, seeing what and how the Chinese reacted to Australia few politicians have the courage to say it.

I also think this is very much a travel related matter. Because of this I can’t return to South Africa where I have a home and a business but no income from it. I want to see my daughter in Lisbon and my son in Greece, but the risks are too great and the idea of having to wear a mask for a prolonged period is frankly unappealing. I’ve done it while shopping in Italy and that just for 30 minutes or so!

simeoncox
    Participant

It’s a convenient cohort – “Oh, look! There’s a uniform group of people willing to take orders…”, remarks one pencil neck to another.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-07/warning-adf-personnel-should-not-be-in-coronavirus-drug-trials/12125980

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just seen this about a potential vaccine being made in South Africa.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/dexamethasone-made-in-south-africa-2020-6

I just hope the Americans don’t come along and try to buy it all up as they have done with Remdesivir!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller April 2020 edition
Business Traveller April 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls