China Eastern Airlines A330-200 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TS-Andy
    Participant

Flew business on 17 Jan from Shanghai to Singapore via MU543.

Arrived at T1 around 2130 for scheduled departure at 2355. A few counters were opened for premier passengers checking in which was a plus point. Went to one of the available counters and check-in was quick. By 2150 I had cleared immigration and security.

There is practically no difference between the first class lounge and the business class lounge after having used both lounges. F&B wise, I’ve asked the staff before; it’s the same. I prefer the business class lounge as there are three dining tables versus one in the first class lounge. Food spread wasn’t appetizing. Liquors and wine were not impressive either. Only one type of red wine (a local Chinese wine brand : Imperial Court) was available. I don’t like its taste. One is expected to use champagne glass for all types of wine and liquor. That totally kills the mood. Beer would be a good choice.
    Boarding was quick through gate 20 – a short walk from both the business class and first class lounge.

Seating configuration in business cabin was 2-2-2 in 4 rows. Which is the best seat? For me, it is always the first row, aisle seat and hoping that adjacent window seat is not taken. Seats were those that can be adjusted electronically to flat bed but not horizontal- at an inclined angle. I don’t find that a comfortable position to sleep as one tends to slip down.

No amenity kit was distributed. Had champagne for pre-flight drink. Not much of a variety of newspapers was stuffed into the pouch in front of my seat. Other than in-flight magazines, no other magazine was offered to business passengers.

Cabin service was good throughout. Selection of wine and liquor were much better that in the lounge. My wine was topped up promptly.
    IFE – I couldn’t find any good movie to catch.
    Caught some good sleep and was later gently awaken by cabin crew for landing. Plane touched down slightly before 0500 which was minutes ahead of schedule.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls