Chilling……..

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

On Thursday 23rd August a guy was seen by Cape Town airport authorities (security) to breach the airport fence and enter the ramp area. No search was set up, by the authorities own admission. The person was discovered the next morning in the wheel-well bay of the BA 747 that had just arrived at LHR from Cape Town. Very frozen and dead.
    I find this extremely worrying. He could have been a suicide bomber. Highly unlikely but that is how it works….surprise!

Security is lax in South African airports at best. I am supposed to show my iPad at security while some guy jumps the fence and boards an aircraft. He was spotted on cams but nothing was done. How many others have got away with it? How long before a suicide bomber decides to hitch a short ride? Devastation.

I hope that BA protests in the strongest terms….to protect the passengers, the crew and itself.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I just about this as well. It is very worrying and indeed what if he were a suicide bomber. I don’t know which wheel well he hid in, but a lot of important fuel lines, hydraulics etc run through there.

I guess we passengers must now look out for would be stowaways running across the airport?

VintageKrug
    Participant

This isn’t the first time someone has been found frozen in a wheel-bay.

Incidents like this should make us aware what others will do to attempt to achieve the life we wake up to every day, and often take too much for granted.

Very tragic indeed.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

VK

Very true. Probably the first post you’ve ever made that no one can disagree with.

Simon

VintageKrug
    Participant

Boris for PM!

😉

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Now you’re pushing it a bit, old chap!

Goldcardsaplenty
    Participant

Chilling Indeed…..

Whilst no-one can disagree with VK’s sentiments for this poor soul I think he may have missed the point.

We should be aware that there are groups of people who are committed to fundementally changing the world we wake up to every day.

I am fully aware that there have been numerous cases of attempted stowing away in landing gear bays but in these troubled times this should be looked on as a threat as well as a sad event.

I am sure that there are numerous people throughout the world who do not view this as a sad incident but more of a potential opportunity…..

BeckyBoop
    Participant

So sad but just goes to show how far people will go to escape their own homeland.

At the end of the day the ground security should of alerted the SA Air traffic control to radio the plane and call it straight back. This guy could of possibly still survived. In addition this is happening to frequently isnt it time maybe aircrft manufacturers started to put perhaps a camera of even sensors to detect actvity in the hatch after take off?

VK please try not to ever refer to Boris or suggest he should be PM, the guy give me the creeps!!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think the camera suggestion is good.

Perhaps Boris will enact a law about having them when he’s running the country? 😉

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Weirdo

VintageKrug
    Participant

Boris.

SimonS1
    Participant

A very sad tale but typical of the desperation of thousands of people trying to find a better life. Last week there was a story on the BBC of a Somali Olympic athlete who lost her life trying to make the boat crossing to Europe.

Not sure what is has to do with Boris or indeed why VK feels the need to try and be funny amidst such tragedy.

VintageKrug
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls