Children and lounges – BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Agamemnon
    Participant

Can someone please clear up the policy with children in BA lounges for Gold card holders?

On holiday flights last month, at Gatwick I was sniffly told at check-in that no my 3yr old son couldn’t come in with my wife, but then was allowed in at the actual lounge reception when I went up alone to ask. On our return in Spain though, we were just automatically given lounge access.

I thought that the official line was only one guest, but does that apply even if you have small children in tow? What am I meant to do, leave him outside? Also, I’m not stupid and realise that he needs to be on good behaviour and not bother others. For those who travel (sans family) often enough to be Gold, it kind of makes a bit of a mockery of the system a little to not let them in for the one or two family flights of the year.

Then again, maybe that’s what the lounge reception staff are doing and exercising a bit of lee-way here and there. Has anyone had a similar experience this summer?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls