Chicago transfers

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

StephenLondon
    Participant

As found on other websites – it seems there is now an AA to BA airside shuttle at Chicago O’Hare. To quote other sites:

“He picked up the bus at gate K20, and was moved airside to T5, being dropped off at a door that was just a hop, skip and a jump from the BA lounges (and right by the BA Gate). It meant he didn’t have to go through the scrum of being re-screened at Terminal 5 security, and he was in the BA lounge within minutes of alighting from his AA flight. He said the bus also stopped at American Eagle gates, as well. It certainly means an added benefit for those transferring through ORD.”

As a regular user of transfer flights from MSP-ORD-LHR, I must say that this is a hugely welcome initiative. Is it from BA or from AA? Or O’Hare? Either way, it is a boon. Sometimes I take IB from ORD to MAD – can I use it on this service, too? Does anyone know? If it is BA, well done! A HUGE boon to have an easy transfer. Shame JFK doesn’t do this…

RichHI1
    Participant

Do not knwo about this bus connector but I believe IB departures are from T3 as are AA and JAL. Thought BA was moving to T3 as well.

Potakas
    Participant

Probably Oneworld is responsible for this.

“The first oneworld transfer support centre opened last June at Chicago O’Hare, with similar facilities launched in September at London Heathrow, Miami and New York JFK and in October at Madrid.”

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/news/details?objectID=25792

Dandy76
    Participant

yes, this service does now exist – it was introduced in august and i used it 3 weeks ago. it’s a welcome change as previously you had to exit security, take a train, go through security and so on. And, the terminal in which BA is located in Chicago has nothing of interest except the lounge (which itself is nothing to write home about).

what i would say, and this is a bug bear with me, is that the bus is timed to get you to the international gate just on boarding. Which is good except that if you are on the late (8.25pm) flight to London, it is a sleeper service and therefore you dont get time to take dinner in the lounge. Which is the standard excuse you get when you moan about the awful sleeper service food…..

so if you want to eat, eat in the arrival terminal before the bus service, or be prepared to stay hungry!!

RichHI1
    Participant

Or fly AA….

I would presume though it will not be long until all One World is in AA terminal. Arrivals is all shared and the cost saving on lounges and back end operations make a lot of sense.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls