Check Seat Availability before booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Travellator
    Participant

I refer in particular to BA. Is there any way of checking before booking if a particular seat eg 2A is available instead of through manage my booking after ?

Potakas
    Participant

Yes there is, with http://www.expertflyer.com

You can check the fare availability and many other things such as the seat plan,. Be aware that this is not 100% accurate although i think it is the most you can get, also when you will check for a seat plan, this will show to you the seats which are blocked by BA as in some flights the first two rows are blocked until 3 days before departure, also on the European flights the first economy rows are blocked (from row 6 to 9 usually) until they know how long the club Europe cabin will be.

This site is not free although you can have a 5 day trial and do your job.

Regards

Potakas

Travellator
    Participant

Thanks Potakas

Great site have already checked my upper deck seats are available for next year so wont book just yet !

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I find the easiest way to check is to prepare the booking on line and then before submitting, phone a BA sales office up either in the USA or UK to check for your prefered seating. Amazingly on some occasions, the BA ticket office has been able to offer cheaper options, even when including the additional booking fee.

Either way, the prefered seats are checked before booking.

sleak76
    Participant

I use kvs tool (www.kvstool.com) to see a particular flight’s seat availability before booking.. but, as with expertflyer.com, it is not free either.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls