Cheap Premium Fares – again

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• garyhall
    Participant

send me your dates u are looking 4 and the destination i will find u
    the best price thankyou gary hall
    this will not cost u any money sir

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

Thanks Gary.
    In an ideal world the 4 of us would like to travel Aberdeen to Orlando on 05th June (04th at a push), returning from Miami on Saturday 19th June, again back to Aberdeen.
    We don’t particularly mind economy on the way out, but definitely premium economy on the way back, depends on what it all adds up to.

MarcusUK
    Participant

I agree that using the BT or other search engines are quite adequate.

I used this as a pricing guide, then booked dorectly with Singapore Airlines, with a return Business class LHR-SIN-SYD on the A380’s, with the new business class, for £1910.
    No one on here was able to better this.

The Plan & book facility was very up to date, with several airlines EK, EY, MH, CX, all being the same through diff agencies as the weeks went by.
    There is however, a great advantage to checking as some will be lower for one airline than another.
    Virgin Atlantic often have sales on routes, so perhaps a bit of homework on the airlines websites will get you a bargain they dont release outside.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There is likely to be a British Airways premium cabin fare sale *very* soon, so would be a good plan to hold back before booking to ensure you and your family are able to take advantage of the lowest fares.

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

Sounds like you are “in the know”?
    Keep me informed in case I miss anything,
    Thanks

kukuruza
    Blocked

At present in the crisis, many airlines do various actions, discounts. Therefore I think at you now problems will not be, on I will drive that how to buy or where the air ticket In the USA at a discount.

VintageKrug
    Participant

As you will have seen in the other thread, the predicted fare sale started on Thursday:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/business-flights/public/en_gb

Book by 24 November.

If you are looking to travel regularly with your family in premium cabins, you would be well advised to look into purchasing 200 BA shares on Monday to take advantage of the 10% discount.

That would be a significant saving on such fares. http://www.bashareholders.com for more info, deadline for settlement is next Friday, and you will have missed your opportunity for a whole year if the purchase hasn’t settled by that date.

MIA is pricey at £1499 rtn in Club, but TPA (just 3 hours away by car) is significantly cheaper at £1099, a much nicer airport, and plenty to do near Tampa.

Using the fare sale you should get four people to ABZ-TPA return in Club for about £4600, you could save more with a shareholder discount, or book outbound in WT+ and return in Club. However the saving is not that great and you would lose the lounge access in London, and a significant swathe of BA Miles.

Taking advantage of the sale fare in Club World would net you 280 Tier Points each; if you moved you BAEC accounts to a Continental European address, that would make each of you just 120 points short of BA Silver, conveniently earned on a £200 weekend trip from Aberdeen to Amsterdam via London in Club Europe.

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

Thank you so much for all this info, it is really helpful.
    I am now going to book to Tampa, not a problem for us, we have been there before and yes, it is much better than Miami, surely immigration will be 100 times better as well with less Central American flights coming in.
    Not sure about the shares thing, I’ve got computer and communication issues today with flooding up our way so this could be a non-starter.
    Any tips on how to do this easily? Not something I’ve been into for about 15 years.
    I’m just scared that I go ahead and don’t make the cut-off date.
    Thanks again, you’ve definitely saved me some money.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You might try your bank, http://www.stocktrade.co.uk or tdwaterhouse.co.uk are good online brokers. Though there are no guarantees, you should make the cutoff if you place your trade today, time is of the essence!

Do bear in mind if you fly from Aberdeen into Heathrow that the Tampa flight leaves from Gatwick; probably best to have a night in London prior to departing on hols and on your return.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls