Cheap ex-Europe fares!!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• nissefalk
    Participant

I just booked BA GOT-BKK via HKG out Dec 19 return end Feb at 14,400 SEK or at todays rate exchange rate 1,260 GBP, when booking both WT and WTP was more expensive than Club. The LHR-HKG leg is on the 380 so looking forward to try that aircraft out with BA.

Considering the number of Avios me and the wife will get on this return trip equals to 6 x return GOT-LHR, this is a great fare, a return GOT-LHR would normally cost you around 175 GBP per trip so added value of just over 1,000 GBP should one use the Avios to go to London

TravelwaveBerlin
    Participant

Hallo MatynSinclair

30k Promotion to BKK ???
    i thought it is only for Transatlantic flights or ???

MarcusGB
    Participant

KLM also had Business fares for a 4 day sale mosly around E 999 reurn Business Class. This included some Far East and other selected regions, starting from Amsterdam.
    I am flying the new 747 cabin to St Maarten next week.

For sure, the change in the £ has made some differences and savings even more than a year ago, and a good check needs to be made of these Ex Europe fares for All Airlines.

Just to get you in the mood MarcusGB:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/11/11/travel/15why600.jpg

Enjoy!!

TheMidasGold
    Participant

One of the reasons I love this forum is the heads up we get on great fares. I want to head to BKK at Christmas (from GRU), and have been looking at business class fares for 2 people at around the £8k mark.

Thanks to nissefalks post I now have 2 tickets from GOT-HKG-BKK for £2400 for 2! Using Avios for my GRU-LHR flights means I now have 8 leg business class flights for a grand total of £3300, which includes taxes for the air miles flights.

Thank you

AMcWhirter
    Participant

alexpo1 – Or as a KLM fan, maybe Marcus will appreciate the trip I took on “Uiver” over 30 years ago.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Business-travel-in-the-1930-s

MarcusGB
    Participant

What a memorable experience Alex, thanks for that.
    Alexpo, Yes i am well aware of St Maartens infamy for its landings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFo_DfmwsE

You maybe interested to know, that trying out the new Cabins ( I fly KLM Much but not on their 747 routes), that i will be in the nose in seat 1A In the newly designed cabin WBC cabins.

I am beginning to think whether or not seat 1A is the most fortunate seat to be looking out the window for the landing, or not!
    I shall certainly have some clips to take on the approach!

I certainly will post a review for this flight!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls