Cheap ex-Europe fares!!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

• Anonymous

Just been on BA and found some unusually good value return fares! It appears that for ex-Mainlain Europe to Asia fares LUX is very cheap 1840 euros return to HKG!!!

However, for getting to to the USA AMS is looking cheaper than LUX. However, if you try to get to Asia ex AMS it costs about 1000 euros more than LUX…

Hope this is of some help for people trying to get to the orient!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Many thanks for the heads up GFC.. not used ex-Lux before but Euros 1800 for BKK is a great deal..

Thanks for info. GFC, but I won’t even bother looking for the HKG fare which would be ideal for a connection to Bali.

MartinJ
    Participant

Just booked OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD//BNE-HKG-LHR (intending to skip the last segment to Oslo) on BA/CX/QF in January for 2,600 Euros. Amazing.

openfly
    Participant

@MartinJ ….. As had been said here, frequently, it could cost you dearly to “dump” the last sector! The way BA is grabbing every penny at the moment, they could, quite rightly, reconstruct your fare and help themselves to the (massive) difference in fare if you fail to complete your journey. They also read BT! Good luck.

MartinJ
    Participant

Point taken, openfly. But I am confident I won’t be in trouble because I only do this once or twice a year when it saves me thousands, literally. Plus, BA know they are in a legal grey area. It may be in their T&Cs that they are entitled to reconstruct the fare if you skip any legs but I doubt this provision is legal. In quite a few European countries courts have repeatedly ruled in the passenger’s favour. Anyway, what I wanted to do is point out this amazing bargain of a BA/QF/CX business class fare to Down Under for just over 2,000 pounds in peak season.

MarcusGB
    Participant

As LHR add roughly £300-400 charges onto most Long Haul flights with Government taxes and its charges, this is unsurprising, but it applies to many Airlines. But the differences appear to be getting more frequent, and with more Airlines.

With Etihad, my Business return CDG – KUL was E1,500.
    I bought a flight Business return Ex CDG-SYD, for E1650!!!

This included the Chauffeur cars each side, two nights stopovers in 5 star hotels in AUH or DXB complimentary in each direction, (at times this becomes buy 1 get one free during the year). You choose where to stay beach , city, dessert!
    I also upgraded to First to Sydney with my miles!

ALL Current flights earn triple FFP miles for First, and Double for Business, until end September 14.

When it comes to BA restructuring your fare, I think we all agree BA cannot risk the publicity and would rather have the extra customers paying a little less. As long as you do not need your bags tarn off the plane every time I am sure they are not too bothered.

One point to bear in mind if considering these superb fares: the second of the twice-daily departures from Luxembourg at 18:55 is often delayed (many evenings I can see it flying past) and you will have to transfer from T1 to T5.

Thats an interesting point! Still worth it for Euros 1800 in what is a pretty good business class!

Senator
    Participant

Now that the Sterling has recovered from the dull-drums against the SEK, I would monitor the exARN and exGOT fares. The SEK/GBP has gone from 10 SEK/£1 to 11.75 SEK/£1 and fares to Bangkok on BA are normally offered from 14,000 SEK or below £1,200 on sale.

Turkish offer a year around ARN-BKK for about 11,500 SEK if this is interesting.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sub £1450 to BKK + 25,000 standard avios + 30,000 European bonus, means BA are now paying me to fly!

OUTSTANDING value…. and explains why I am happy to give loyalty to what is basically a third rate business product…. but on this occasion, “a fully rebated cost” to get me from A to B………… (taxes apart)..

Macattack
    Participant

Martinj, did you buy via the web? If so, which site?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BA website…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls