Cheap BA Tickets Long Haul in First

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

LuganoPirate – 21/06/2013 11:03 GMT
    As he said, it’s probably not a 100% kosher but to save £ 7,000 on two tickets was very tempting.

No kidding. Some guy in Nigeria said he would give me $10m if I gave him by bank details. I thought it sounded dodgy but it was very tempting.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bullfrog +1

openfly
    Participant

AD90 ID90 discount tickets are not the same! AD means “Agents discount” for travel industry agents, and ID means airline employee discount…”Industry Discount”. The taxes and charges are usually different. ID discounted tickets seldom have a fuel surcharge and airline charges, but only the APD and airport taxes.

capetonianm
    Participant

Another difference is that AD tickets are normally positive space/confirmed whereas ID tickets can be positive space, depending on priority and reason for travel, or more usually on a space available/PAD basis.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I stand corrected. I thought they were Agent Discount / Industry Discount but thought they had same taxes/fuel surcharges etc (if payable/charged by the carrier).

capetonianm
    Participant

There normally only two type of AD tickets, AD75 for agents and AD50 for family/dependents of agents.

ID tickets have various codes attached, in addition to the percentage discount code from ID00, ID90, etc, they also have an entitlement and status code such as N1, R2, etc indicating whether the journey is duty or non duty, and the standby/onload priority indicator.

Misuse of either is sanctionable, and an agency found to be passing on AD tickets to anyone not entitled to them can have its IATA appointment revoked, and in a previous position this was my unenviable task, several times.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No no no, Martyn. Most of them worked for Swire!

Apparently, back in the day, CX provide ID tickets to staff of business partners (such as a well-known Hong Kong bank). Not sure if that still happens – I doubt it!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls