Chaos at T5…now

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)

• FlyingChinaman
    Participant

MartySinclair: What a wonderful idea! I shall never need to make an effort of remembering the WiFi Access Code ever!!!!!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

G-d forbid, it will be probably be treasured more than an Oscar or a Knighthood – even a peerage would be turned down in favour of the wifi-code!!!

Binman62
    Participant

Email from Willie last night apologising yet again for BA awful service. Interestingly, he says “from Saturday” and makes no mention of the debacle on Friday, no doubt as there was no one to blame but themselves. Friday was the root cause of this weekends disruption when BA lost control of thier own operations. They would have struggled on Saturday without the snow which simply made things worse.
    Given my experience of BA this weekend feel no guilt in advising readers that current wifi code is “Concorde Room”. Fill your boots till BA change it.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

And what type of French bubbly would you recommend to this recipient to celebrate this honour?

ekond111
    Participant

…Yes that was the code last week….but it is changed on a monthly basis…

Potakas
    Participant

I finally arrived home, i was one from the luckiest as i was automatically reboked for the next day on the same flight i missed.Actually i received a phone call from the BA’s Greek reservation department the moment was waiting on the T5’s connection desk- to find out that i missed my connection, on the phone call they told me we are very sorry you missed your connection you are already rebooked on the same flight tomorrow.

Next day i went to T5 and as i was travelling CE the check in was very easy and everything for me.

My girlfriend although was there from Saturday and she had to wait until today to arrive home.

The queues in order to be waitinglisted for economy travellers were for 7.5 hours as a man told me when we had a little talk. He was on his third attemp to be on the waiting list, 7.5 hours each….

Although i think that the BA’s ground support was excellent, they wanted to do anything to help you. Mostly they knew what they were talking about as every time i double checked an answer i had the same one from a different ground staff. I also imagine what kind of angry passengers they were dealing with, the last couple of days.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Apparently Willie is taking over the Met Office – as then everything it says will come true …… in a land far far away.

Season’s greetings to one and all.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Speaking of Wifi passwords, in the BA lounge atMilan Linate (I was there last week), in order to obtain the code, which is on a scratchcard, they must make and keep a photocopy of your passport. What’s that all about?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

FCTraveller

I had my passport copied several times before as it is the Italian anti-terrorist law and it applies to all the paid public internet outlets in the cities

FCTraveller
    Participant

Yes, I thought it had something to do with Italian bureaucracy.

Willie all is forgiven, thank you for my New First seat today!

Happy Christmas everyone.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

FCTraveller: You are very easy to please!!!

FCTraveller
    Participant

No I’m not, but today I’m in the Christmas spirit.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I am sure your will get a double portion of the mince pie or Christmas pudding on this flight!!!!!!!

Aloha and Merry Christmas!

flyingdutchman
    Participant

Everyone is always complaining about BA, whatever, whenever.
    Why are you all still using this airline I ask myself.
    There is a choice !!!
    And you must know by now that Heathrow is the pitts, they accept far too many movements for the airfield.
    I estimate I have made 5000 rounds (360’s) over London in the last 6 years. Amazing that the people of London accept this over their heads!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

flyingdutchman: Nearly every one except our famous High-life VK and some other known BA staunch supporters. I fly BA whenever it suits me as I am based in HK and I can always draw on the good services of CX and SQ.

I have long known Heathrow is inadequate (T5 is the luxury pits) from my school days. It was more like arriving in a shed then! But as London is a major financial centre of the world many travellers must use it’s international airport hub whether good and bad. There is little choice really. The airport is certainly handling far more air movements then the existing infra-structure can support for smooth operations. Not all landings and tak offs are flying over London.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls