Changing your password for the Forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have been having a huge amount of spam posts on the forum in the last few weeks. You won’t see them because they are being caught by the system, but it does mean that some threads show a recent update but in fact there is no update. We are working to fix that.

In addition, if you have not logged in for some time, or log in from a new computer, you may be asked to change your password.

I’m pretty sure this is the system ensuring that you are not a spammer, but I’m checking that and will update you when I know for sure.

If it’s not one thing, it’s another !
    Thank you
    Tom

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As an update, I’m told our IT department are fixing things and that is why there is this problem with threads appearing in the wrong order.

3 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

Thanks Tom

I have just come home after a theatre visit and see that the Forum was under continued attack this evening, with the garbage OP name changing frequently. Best of luck to your IT people, as this must be very worrying for BT.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I think it is holding up fine. It shows (briefly) just how many spam forum posts it is dealing with. There are several hundred each day, and normally it is all kept out of sight (and kept off the site) but the WordPress updates along with the separate Forum software update means there’s a glitch where the threads are being updated.
    thank you
    Tom

4 users thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Tom,
    How does one contact you about Forum operations which are not directly related to Forum discussions?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,
    One of the top two email addresses on this page on the left https://www.businesstraveller.com/contact-us/
    I don’t want to type in the email address because we get so much spam as it is!
    Thank you, Tom

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls