Changi T1 Lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Stretch
    Participant

I’m travelling from SIN – BKK on CX. Could someone please advise as to which is the best business class lounge to use at T1 – CX or BA/QF?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

BA, IMHO, but there isn’t a lot in it unless you are able to get into the BA First lounge. However, you should note that the BA lounge is about as far away from the gates that CX uses as it is possible to get so unless you have time you may wish to save yourself the walk (probably 15 minutes each way)

Stretch
    Participant

Thanks Ian. I used the BA lounge as it looked a lot more comfortable than the CX shared lounge, and was closer to the gate. I’ve got the same choice at BKK – would BA’s lounge be the better bet here?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

To be honest, Stretch, I haven’t been into the BA lounge in BKK. However, it is very very close to the CX lounge so you should try them both (and report back!). The CX lounge is basic but comfortable. Beaer in mind that there is an additional security check between lounge and gate (although it isn’t usually very busy) so you should allow a few extra minutes for that

Stretch
    Participant

I checked out both lounges at BKK – BA/QF wins hands down. With BA/QF having longer flights from both SIN and BKK than CX, I suppose they’ll have more comfortable lounges. The CX lounge at BKK was about the same as the one at LHR T3.

PerthWA
    Participant

As a regular user of the BA/QF first lounge at changi I’d say don’t expect fireworks!! It’s big and pretty basic although the showers are of course the real draw card. There’s none of the normal first offerings in food which runs to the lovely waitstaff bringing round a toasted sandwich. Personally I prefer the QF business class lounge round the corner . I do understand that a lounge renovation is on the cards though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls