Changes ahead at OpenSkies?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Hippocampus
    Participant

There have been a couple of changes at OpenSkies which seem to presage full integration of the subsidiary into BA and the transatlantic joint venture with American Airlines and Iberia.

First, the founding CEO Dale Moss has left the company and his role has been taken over by the BA General Manager for France. I’m sure all of our esteemed contributors are fluent in French so there is no need to translate!

http://m.tourmag.com/Openskies-Patrick-Malval-aux-commandes-pour-relancer-la-clientele-Affaires_a44828.html

Also, all OpenSkies tickets are now issued on BA ticket stock:

http://www.speedbirdclub.com/nl/all-news/news/twothousandeleven/june/openskies/

transtraxman
    Participant

This is probably about time. If you look at the very first emails to “Open SkiesĀ“s ” blog you will see that the general tendancy of opinion was for the airline to join “oneworld” from the outset. There were reasons for this not happening but that did not mean the opinions changed.
    Basically “Open Skies” should increase its offer – either from more European airports or from Paris to more North American airports especially as we are now in the upturn, from the depression and so should have more opportunities for more “business” flights for a “business” airline.

KSHaggag
    Participant

High time for Openskies to be treated ((fairly)) by its mother company BA …..come on ,BA !!!….Openskies is indeed a jewel in your crown and I wonder why you have been segregating it to the extent now of excluding the BA Openskies flights from the availability displays on various GDS and on BA.COM ,favoring AA flts btw CDG and JFK over Openskies on the ORY/EWR and IAD services !!!..I had looooooooooong debates and discussions with the highly professional gentlemen at the helm of Openskies ,notably Dale Moss and David Erich ….Openskies is suffering tremendoulsy from a major distribution issue …..!!!…You cannot book EC as a BA codeshare on a ORY/EWR now and incorporate it in an international fare component !!!…..that was indeed possible until last Autumn 2010 ..come on ,BA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!…..HIGHLIGHT THIS SUPERB PRODUCT you are offering through Openskies !!!…..a fantastic product that needs to get its fair share of the market ……Also …we are indeed anticipating more commercially viable routes with Openskies ..have read so much about Geneva ,Brussels ,Madrid ,Milan ,Abu Dhabi ,etc…………..or a ORY/BOS or ORD or Montreal or …..or …come on Openskies ..how much longer do u still need to wait ????..I would really love to have a one on one with Mr Malval upon one of next visits to Paris …I do speak French fluently ,Gentlemen ..so no worries ..
    An Openskies LOVER !
    Karim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls