Cell Phones on Airplanes

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

jsn55
    Participant

If cell phones are allowed to be used in flight, I will quit flying. The governing bodies in America seem to know that most people oppose them, but that won’t make any difference to the companies that can profit and they’ll keep up the pressure to get them approved.

I have not been able to determine how to get something organized to stop this senseless chatter before it’s too late and the cell phones are approved. Anyone know how to protest and to whom?

JamesMalta
    Participant

Each to their own pleasures and needs. The sat phones are generally poor quality and you have to speak in a raised voice. But the new SMS and email facility on some flights is a real bonus, when it works, as I tend to use this rather than the sat phone.

JeffD
    Participant

I really hope that passengers reject the ofer of using mobile phones in flight. It is the last havan where you can escape for a couple of hours, without the constant annoyance of ringing mobilephones.

I fly regularly for both work and leisure and do not want mobile phones to be used in flight. PLEASE give us a break from listening to other peoples phone conversations, for some reason, a lot of people feel they need to shout ino a mobile phone. Last week I sat in a business lounge at LHR and could clearly hear the person shouting down their phone from the other end of the lounge, I really do not want to have this occuring during flights.

Please continue to lobby for no mobile phone use in flight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls