CDG Terminal transfers..

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• w8ster
    Participant

Good morning all!

I have only flown in or through CDG several times years ago and they were memories that I made every effort to forget.

Anyway, this question is for a young relative (about 17) travelling solo and first time on his own for long distance that require transfer. Due to the airport of origin being a domestic airport, AF was the only choice. I am trying to provide detailed instructions (as much as I could anyway) for the terminal transfer.

So the question is, he gets into CDG Terminal 2G with a 1 hr 50 Mins stopover connecting to another AF flight but at Terminal 2F. On the way back, the arrival gets into 2E with a long connection from terminal 2G.

Does anyone know this terminal well to provide some insights? Also, for the long stopover on the way back, he won’t have access to lounges etc.. anything to do in the terminal?

Thank you!

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Morning w8ster,

2G is where mostly HOP! embraer flights arrive. They will come off the plane and walk into a small holding building. Plenty of screens with onward flights shown and which terminal they leave from. Some characteristically friendly CDG staff will also make sure you are in one of 3/possibly 4 lines to wait for bus transfer to relative terminal building. Once they have arrived there it would just be a case of finding their gate. Most terminals don’t offer a fantastic choice of food/beverages if they wanted a quick bite – just to warn them!

On the way back, when they have a longer time to pass they could try the Instant Paris Lounge? Which I believe is free? Have never been myself so couldn’t say much about it:
    https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passengers/services/news/instant-paris-your-transit-lounge

I’ll have the pleasure of 2G and 2M @ CDG in 20 days time!

Thanks
    Tom

1 user thanked author for this post.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

I use CDG 2 E and F quite frequently, Term E is normally for Non-Schengen flights, Term F normally for Schengen, initially it seems unusual that your relative is departing CDG from a Schengen F gate but returning into a non Schengen E gate. I did experience this once when my incoming flight from Italy docked at an E gate, but no pax entered the terminal, off the aircraft and straight onto a bus, and onward to F terminal. Bit annoying because my onward flights was from an E gate, so a 5 minute bus ride to Term F and a brisk 10 minute walk back to Term E. Passport checks between Schengen and Non Schengen can sometimes be quite busy. Have not used Term G so far, not flown with HOP yet

AlanOrton1
    Participant

As a family we transited through CDG last year en route from LHR to VLC, which required terminal changes (intra T2) both on the way out and on the way back.
    I suspect we had similar connecting times as your relative, nothing absurdly tight, but not hours upon hours.
    I was somewhat concerned having not connected through CDG before, however, it was all very straightforward, with clear sign posting and arrival and departure monitors in multiple locations.

w8ster
    Participant

Thank you all! very useful information and tips. Much appreciated

LetsGoOutside
    Participant

One hour and fifty minutes is not a huge amount of time to make a transfer in CDG (or LHR, FRA or any other major airport). The best advice I would give your young relative is not to waste his time: go to the connecting departure gate as quickly as possible. Then, and only then, can you take time exploring the shops and such. But musing on the way to your connecting gate is not a good idea. It is in fact the fastest way to miss a connection.

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=943922]One hour and fifty minutes is not a huge amount of time to make a transfer in CDG (or LHR, FRA or any other major airport). The best advice I would give your young relative is not to waste his time: go to the connecting departure gate as quickly as possible. Then, and only then, can you take time exploring the shops and such. But musing on the way to your connecting gate is not a good idea. It is in fact the fastest way to miss a connection.[/quote]

I didn’t mean to make it inappropriate but click the wrong button 🙁 and I don’t know how to un-do it! I agree with you. the lounging around would only be for the return journey with the long stopover.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=944045]
    I didn’t mean to make it inappropriate but click the wrong button 🙁 and I don’t know how to un-do it! I agree with you. the lounging around would only be for the return journey with the long stopover.[/quote]

We all press on that button once a while 🙂

CDG became in my view one of the very efficient hub in Europe … excepted when 2G is involved! This hall has limited facilities and require a rather long bus journey to travel to. That said, 1h50 is all right, but indeed doesn’t allow much exploration.

2 users thanked author for this post.

LetsGoOutside
    Participant

You are forgiven. I had to reread my post twice to search for offensive material before I finally saw your comment about the misclick… 🙂

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=944307]You are forgiven. I had to reread my post twice to search for offensive material before I finally saw your comment about the misclick… 🙂[/quote]

BT should really provide an option to undo that!

jjlasne
    Participant

In my experience, this is not enough time to transfer from one to the other. CDG is huge and the landing aircraft have to “drive” from one end of the airport to the other.

I have seen people miss their connections at CDG all the time, including myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls