CDG Immigration Problems

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Nick
    Participant

I flew easyJet LGW/CDG last Friday afternoon. The flight was delayed by an hour because of “heavy traffic at Gatwick”. On arrival at CDG there was a massive queue at Immigration – 500+ passengers from various flights being served by just two Immigration officers. As passengers were from both EU and Non-EU countries processing time was interminable. After an hour (plus) I reached the front of the queue and complained to the Immigration Officer – he suggested I write to the French Minister of the Interior………. Is this a common occurrence at CDG?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I had the same treatment in Berlin TXL last week. A late night arrival, with 2 immigration officers, 40 minute wait with no differentiation between various passport holders.

It will be interesting what happens after Brexit – but I guess until we are further down the line, airports are not too eager to resolve these q’s or invest in the required technology to speed the immigration process up…

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Maybe there will be a solution when an elderly infirm passenger collapses while having to stand for hours…

penfold69
    Participant

Maybe it’s all on purpose, so that when they come along and start charging us for fast track immigration, we’ll all be pleased to part with our money.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls