CCR Elemis Spa – no booking slots 1 month out – is this normal?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

At the risk of yet again incurring the wrath of AnthonyDunn, a liberal I understand, I would question why anyone who travels with BA on any sort of regular basis would expect it to be in any way a premium service.

If it’s F you want Mrs JH and I recently tried out AF new F between CDG – SIN. It’s not the SQ A380 suite (we couldn’t get on SQ) but it’s certainly a premium product from beginning to end and their fares from many UK starting points are very good.

The list of choices of LH, EY, EK, SQ, CX and so on from the regions are all better than BA and from LHR I’ll go out on a limb and say that anyone else will offer better service, in fact many offer better in business class.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

JohnHarper – 22/12/2015 16:01 GMT

+1.

There’s plenty of choice out there and lots of good quality/value, too.

MrMichael
    Participant

Well FDOS,

BA (& IB) works for me because it goes where I want to go when I want to go there. It is not a 5 star airline and to my knowledge has not claimed to be. The service is on the whole good, not grounbreakingly good, just good. Reliability is also pretty good, safety taken seriously and T5 in my view excellent. Cannot comment on the Spa as not my sort of thing, and I do not fly F.

I do agree with most posters on the subject of the BA spa offering, if offered as an addition to an F ticket then the vast majority of those requiring the service should get it. I would hope that any F pax left disapointed would complain vociferously and receive a hamper ( it is xmas!) of Avios in compensation for the full advertised service not being available.

The other reason I like BA by the way is that the shares are doing rather well,

Do not recall Martyn Sinclair being a huge fan of BA, I think he likes it for the Avios he gets on his long haul and thus the free trips around Europe. So I guess it works for us both for different reasons.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MrMichael – 22/12/2015 20:48 GMT

I’m pleased it works out for you.

TravelWise
    Participant

I must also be another lucky one? I have never had a problem to get a spa treatment at T5 (next to CCR). I am not flying first, so it is always a walk up booking and as I transfer through T5, they normally have a slot in my 4 hour transfer window. I can’t remember a time they said no.
    I do see people with less ability to wait (or rather flexibility) being refused.

I always take the aviator facial and really enjoy it. That said, I really would not miss it if they could not do it. I appreciate the showers more. However, I agree if I was paying for the first privilege or travelling on a personal flight, I would be disappointed that they could not deliver.

Booking the aspire lounge sounds like a good action to avoid disappointment but I can understand your frustration with the service.

SwissExPat
    Participant

I had two treatments in JFK recently… Called down on the phone line from the CCR…. Had a choice of times… No problem

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls