Cathay’s HK lounge use policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

fliesalot
    Participant

Cathay might be the only major carrier that does not provide Business Class lounge access upon arrival to their home base (Hong Kong). Some flights arrive at 6AM, which is way before hotels typically allow one to check in. One might feel like taking a shower, perhaps even shave and change from the infligh outfit into something more formal. What if you have a business meeting in town at 9AM? This service is typically offered by other major airlines. Denial of lounge use upon arrival has been Cathay’s policy forever. Their lounges can be used only if you have a connecting flight from HK the same day as that of your arrival. What did they have in mind when they came up with this inconvenient and arrogant arrangement? While some of Cathay’s lounge services and amenities are good, they do not offer coathangers and garment-rods at the new(er) business class lounge. Therefore, if you are off to a winter weather destination, you should be prepared to roll up your $3,000 overcoat to store it on a shelf. Again: What did they have in mind?

amacuk69
    Participant

I believe CX opened an Arrivals Lounge in HK this year. It is for First Class and full-fare Business Class passengers. My invitation was printed prior to boarding my flight. Oneworld status doesn’t gain entry, it is ticket basis only I believe.

fliesalot
    Participant

There is still no Business Class access upon arrival! Cathay has a new lounge for First Class arrivals ONLY (“The Arrival”). Chek Lap Kok operates since 1998, so perhaps by now they partially figured out how this should work. http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/atairport/hklounge_arrival

davidbell
    Participant

HK arrivals lounge (past immigration) can be accessed if you are emerald oneworld. You need to get an invitation when you check in for your flight though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls