Cathay’s cockpit crew romance short-lived

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

The CEO of Cathay made a statement 3 days ago stating the two member of staff (male pilot + female cabin crew) are no longer employed by the company following an expose in a Chinese language Daily newspaper which published a photo showing a pilot and a female FA having an intimate moment in the cockpit similar to what had happened in the West Wing of the White House some years back.

I first picked up the tidbit over 2 weeks ago from this on-line news service.

CX took swift action and have now resolved this issue. End of the romantic story!

http://www.cathaypacific.com

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Was it an Airbus flight deck?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

It looked like one to me. There was no suggestion of the “event” that took place in the air (no safety issue) and therefore may not be classified as the Mile High Club saga or giving a new meaning to in-flight entertainment, behind locked door!

Next time I get a bumpy flight on CX, I’ll be relating to something “stormy” in the air!!

flying_sikh
    Participant

Ahan! Flyingchinaman not something “STORMY” But something “HORNY” in the air. lol .

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

The sky is the limit for our imagination!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Presume if the pictures could be found on the internet, they would be removed if posted on here……………………………………..???

There’s a challenge, if found, to see how long they would last. Best to post them on a Friday when hopefully Tom is not working over the weekend. I noticed it took over 24 hours for “the thread” to be removed today!!!

The story did seem rather bizzare. I always say that there are 2 sides to every story and then in comes the press with a differnet slant!!

There is another post on U tube showing a pilot and stewardess messing about and clearly its in flight. Will try to find it. Dont worry, its not XXX rated!

Edited: I hope this is not considered offensive, if so, my apologies but it is relevant to the thread. Not sure how Cathay ID’d the offenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQjCGjUkkIg

MartynSinclair
    Participant

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/08/19/flight.warnings.tears.orgasm/index.html?iref=obnetwork

This may clear up the mess……………

Was the sacked pilot a former Qantas pilot as he could argue his former aemployers created the idea and he was merely, undertaking inflight entertainment research……………….

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Martyn:

We do have rather a lot of Aussies in Cathay and they are only continuing with this innovative “Down-under” style of in-flight entertainment acquired from previous employment!!!

It could even be a “getting-together” familiarzation custom between colleagues!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls