Cathay’s business class – very good, but where are the George Clooney seats?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Inquisitive
    Participant

Recently travelled Singapore to Toronto with Cathay Pacific Airways via Hong Kong. I was travelling CX after a long time. I liked the Cathay’s new advertisement on TV featuring George Clooney enjoying new business class seat. I was hopeful; I will be able to enjoy the same.
    However, both onward and return aircrafts were fitted with herringbone style seats. (Singapore – Hong Kong onward was old style angled seat). I travelled in this type of seat with Virgin before. In both cases it feels claustrophobic to me, however Cathay’s seat feels slightly better (IFE control, linen etc.)
    Besides the above issue, flying experience was great in all 4 sectors. The food was great. The wine list was good. The coffee was great. All the steward/stewardess called passenger by name during serving (reading from chart of course). On return journey (both sectors), the chief flight attendants introduced himself/herself to all business class passengers (about 60 of us) after take-off and again said goodbye individually just before landing. A nice touch.
    I am a Singapore Airlines fan – but in this journey Cathay proved equally good.

Does anyone know which sectors of Cathay’s route are served by ‘George Clooney’ seats? And when will be complete refit to all aircrafts?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls