Cathay Pacific – wow wow wow

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

one of the big downsides of the BA stirke is that loyal BA customers have no choice other than to try the competion. Well competition there certainly is. I just flew back from Hong Kong on Cathay in their new First offering. What a service. Is their a wider more comfortable seat available in First. The food was superb, the service attentive, the lounge in HKG equal to any lounge First class lounge in the world, with printers, computers, a wide selection of menu food, smiling and pleasant staff. On board nothing was too much trouble, ring the call bell and when there was a slight delay, service was still not only smiley, but with no signs of “why are you bothering me, you should be asleep now, so i can go to sleep. One stewardess had just burnt herself, very badly and was too scared to go to the CSD to show her the wound. Luckily there was a Dr in First who took one look at it and ‘suggested’ she got it treated asap, which he kindly did.

The only negative comment is that I do not think it looks good for the pilots (irrespctive of how many there are), be resting in First class without removing their scrambled eggs stripes. The First Officer with 3 stripes was there for most of the flight…………just doesnt look good.

Best of all though the ticket price in the format I bought it cost less thand £2100 and that is well below BA club offering.

Well done Cathay, well done.

KeepDiscovering
    Participant

then is it really a downside that “loyal BA customers have no choice other than to try the competion”? Or do they just hide themselves from alternatives, which are perhaps better, in an attempt to get a loyalty ‘award’?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

You are probably 100% right – I admit to hiding myself from the alternatives, because i want to support the UK economy and UK businesses. I know there are other and better airlines and service, but up until now i felt it was more important to work with BA. However, what this has highlighted to me is that the competition can provide a service to key points i travel to at less price, in more comfort and with smiling staff. I have no doubts that i will go back to BA, but I just hope that both Unite and BA management, including W W fully realise and understand that they need to put their customers first. I do not beleive though that W W has the presence or capabilty of resolving htis dispute. He is weak, he has no presence about himself and comes across as someomne totally out of their depth. I have just booked my nest 2 far east sectors with Cathay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls