Cathay Pacific to close three HKG lounges until further notice

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

The decision has been taken following the capacity reduction and takes effect from February 17.

Details:

https://news.cathaypacific.com/cathay-pacific-temporarily-closes-three-hong-kong-airport-lounges

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

A pity they are closing The Pier First Class Loumge probably , in my opinion, the best of the lounges. I wonder if that might mean they will use more of the gates closer to The Wing say gates 1-4 , 9-15 and 22-28

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If CX are reducing services by 30% I wonder what the actual passenger reduction figure is – I would hate to even guess….

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=990406][/postquote]

on My LHR to HKG and HKG – SGN flight it was well below 40% full. I know that tonights HKG to SGN has under 40 people on it. usually these flights are almost full

cwoodward
    Participant

It all seems a very sensible action by Cathay given the circumstances.
    The Wing first class lounge is a very decent lounge and personally I have always preferred the dining set up to that of the Pier and for the far gates the Pier business class lounge is more than adequate for 1st class refugees.
    The move also reduces the number of front line staff who are exposed to the travelling public and this must be a plus.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ll be passing through there tonight so will report back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls