Cathay Pacific ranked third among world’s best 25 airlines by AR

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

The ranking by AirlineRatings saw Qatar Airways nudge out previous winners Air New Zealand for top spot.
    I am not at all sure that I rate this agency but it will be a boost for the airline to have climbed 6 places

Their Top 25 premium airlines are are oddly ranked in my opinion but top was Qatar Airways,
    followed oddly by Korean Air, Cathay Pacific Airways, Air New Zealand, Emirates, Air France/ KLM, All Nippon Airways, Etihad Airways, Qantas, Virgin Australia/Atlantic, Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, TAP Portugal, JAL, Finnair, Hawaiian, Alaska Airlines, Lufthansa / Swiss, Turkish Airlines, IGA Group (British Airways & Iberia) Air Canada, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and American Airlines.

AirlineRatings seem to be yet another ‘pay to play crowd ‘ and I always wonder about the quality and honesty of their awards and rankings.

3 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

Hard to judge as in the past couple of years only flown a handful of them. But QR and EK I would rate above CX on the hard product. But CX miles ahead on the ground for service. How BA topped AA god only knows having flown both in the past 2 weeks. LHR to RDU out on AA was excellent. Hard product, food, service I could not fault. Even on the ground I was originally due to fly back RDU-JFK-LHR but there was a delay and I would miss the next flight. The AA desk staff at RDU went out of their way, dozens of calls to get me re-routed via PIT and onto a BA flight, holding the gate so I could run to catch the PIT flight. BA at PIT, Terrible boarding process, old tired stained CW seat, mediocre at best food (since when did BA drop bacon in favour of “turkey bacon”) and crew chatting loudly through the night in the galley right next to me trying to sleep.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Ah!
    BA the airline that just keeps on giving ….

1 user thanked author for this post.

AJDC
    Participant

LH and TAP…

Perhaps if they are using LH’s first class… But TAP… I don’t see how that’s possible.

sparkyflier
    Participant

And to group Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia as one outfit is nonsense as they are entirely separate businesses.

Even putting LH/LX, AF/KL and BA/IB to a lesser extent is silly as they have very different products and service styles.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Problem is I do not see Airlines themselves do not advertise these awards prominently anywhere in their advertisements or in website or during any announcements etc.

So they themselves may be not sure about these awards?

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls