Cathay Pacific needs to change for good

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

TravelLite
    Participant

Cathay Pacific has a really stupid practice of sealing their inflight magazine Discovery and the shopping magazine in a plastic packet. Why don’t they simply leave these two magazines in the seat pocket without a plastic cover. Now do they know something that other airlines don’t OR are they just being arrogant to needlessly pollute the world with unnecessary plastic bags? Given the number of plastic bags they are unloading on the environment daily, stopping this practice and sending the savings to their favourite charity would really be a change for good.

StephenLondon
    Participant

I quite like having all the magazines in plastic. It shows they are fresh and clean and of the high standard that CX requires for their customers. Also, should I need a small trash container whilst in flight, they serve as an excellent bin.
    Rather than commenting on the plastic, perhaps encourage the airline to explore putting their magazine or in-flight duty free catalogues into their video system like Emirates have done… think of how much fuel that would save them, as well as how many trees in paper savings per annum…

BRUSHES
    Participant

HEY…. THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE EACH PERSON GETS A FRESH SET OF LITERATURE WITHOUT SOMEONE’S GUM OR SPUTUM FROM AN EARLIER FLITE. I WISH AMERICAN AIRLINES CARED LIKE CX DOES (AND, BY THE WAY) MOST AIRLINES DO. I GUESS YOU ARE NOT A FREQUENT TRAVELER

Survivor
    Participant

What happened to all the talk of being environmental friendly? As a frequent traveller, I am already guilty of the carbon pollution from the planes engine. Change for good is needed.

luckyone
    Participant

As an international frequent flyer who reads and goes through Discovery, I do like the plastic bags. Firstly, my copy would be new and I can keep it if I find something interesting. All plastics materials graded 1-7 are recyclable (in Australia). I have travelled on other airlines and some are just so grubby and awful towards the end of the month or 2 months for the dutyfree magazines. Continue with the good hygiene! Keep up the good work CX. That’s why you’re the best!

pat_travels
    Participant

do people actually read in flight magazines??
    in my opinion they are dull, boring and a complete waste of paper and fuel – imagine how much weight the stock of inflight magazines takes up.

I suggest airlines have a rack of mainstream magazines, near the galley, snack bar/bar and they are managed by crew to ensure they are fresh, clean and not ragged!

TravelLite
    Participant

The reason for my suggestion is that I am a frequent traveller and have the opportunity to use multiple airlines and the best don’t put their magazines in a plastic wrapper and this works fine for them. After all these years of travelling I can safely say that the chances of encountering “sputum and gum” on a magazine, as another commenter worries about, is slim. I like the comment of putting the content onto the video system – have not seen that before. Is anyone from Cathay looking at any of this?????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls