Cathay Pacific is expected to boost Manchester service

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Details have not yet been officially announced by the airline.

It’s good news for readers in the Northwest with the increased Manchester schedule effective from this coming winter.

Until now (1200 hrs June 14) Cathay Pacific has yet to update its website Cathaypacific.com to reflect the increased schedules.

But work must be taking place behind the scenes as no availability (either non-stop MAN-HKG or via LHR) is displayed after November 11.

cwoodward
    Participant

its very unlikely that there would be a tag on the route via LHR or any change to the current 4 times a week schedule soon.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Until now Cathay has yet to announce the increase.

But it’s understood the winter schedule will consist of a daily non-stop flight. It’s currently four flights a week.

Behind the scenes staff at Cathay must be making adjustments to the schedule display.

As I write this on Wednesday evening I see that the website now displays availability after November 11.

However it does look as though the daily flight has not yet been added to the display.

cwoodward
    Participant

My understanding Alex is that the route will go back to daily towards year end – there is certainly the demand .

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Now open for booking.

Cathay Pacific’s website shows a 50 per cent increase in flight frequency effective September 23, 2024.

So, assuming there will be no changes, it means an increase from four to six weekly flights.

Johnnyg
    Participant

According to Manchester Aviation society Nov newsletter, Cathay are to resume daily flights to HK from summer 24.

cwoodward
    Participant

The daily service was announced in HK some months back and is as I understand it from early March.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller February 2024 edition
Business Traveller February 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls