Cathay Pacific In Flight Entertainment

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Aravindha
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has recently travelled in Economy class on Cathay Pacific from Chennai (India) to Hong Kong or from Hong Kong to SFO.

I am due travelling next week and I checked out the inflight entertainment choices. The options are very limited with 5 or 6 average movies for a good 12 hour flight duration. Further, the entertainment is not AVOD like the ones offered by Thai, SQ or Malaysia in Economy Class. Any comments, do they have AVOD in flights but not updated on the website.

DJ_London
    Participant

Hi, I recently flew MNL-HKG and ICH-HKG return and the movies will be the same. You’ll find they are mostly the same as on the long hauls only with the the shorter films and local/regional shows.

ALo94305
    Participant

I’ve been flying the HK-SFO route 3 times a year since 2006. Trust me, there is AVOD, and too many movies for you to watch.

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

Being a long time user of Cathay I can assure you that on long haul it is definitely AVOD and more than you can handle. On short haul/regional the selection is less but still good. I guess it depends on your tastes. The guessing game is at what point a flight is deemed long haul hence AVOD as opposed to short haul. In CX’s magazine it does list the short haul and regional/long haul sectors so check that out next time. Just as an additonal comment the CEO of CX Tony Tyler must be bloody happy he doesn’t get the stick that WW gets!!

oldchinahand
    Participant

If you go to
    http://www.cathaypacific.com and click the ‘whats on board’ tab then click ‘entertainment’ you can preview all movies/TV etc and even watch trailers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls