Cathay Pacific first class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

ExecPlatAA, I guess with so many variables re airports visited , airlines flown, number of times through a specific airport, experience at the time of that visit etc all adds up to a combination of opinions. I think the consistency is key. Living in Singapore Changi is probably only one of a few airports, if you are told your flight is delayed by 3 hours you think “great no problem plenty to do” – well maybe not great. Changi does come across as a shopping mall with an airport attached and it works. HKG (or CLK as some call it) has missed a trick or two for the reasons Conc001 remarked that said with a lot of frequent flyers today regular users/vistiors can get access to rapid exit, HKG being a prime example, where with Changi you can’t. On the occasions I have used LHR T5 I haven’t had a problem with any of my last 6/7 visits maybe I have been lucky, maybe because I am not a fussy traveler. I will look forward to say a Qatar A380 Bus Class and see for myself .

IanFromHKG
    Participant

ExecPlatAA – 18/04/2015 05:07 GMT : The Wing was the de facto standard for First lounges, and Qatar surpassed that easily even in business, at Hamad Intl. Etihad business lounge in AUH is far superior to any CX business lounge at HKG (The Pier is a disaster – more like AA in DFW D Terminal).

The Wing may be (or depending on your POV, have been) the de facto standard in the sense that it is what every major hub lounge should be. There will always be lounges that fail to meet the standard, and those that exceed it. Personally I think the best I have been to is the QF F lounge in SYD – I haven’t tried any of the ME3’s lounges. Even if they exceed The Wing, I personally would say that The Wing does remain the de facto standard – what every lounge SHOULD be

As to The Pier – it is a little unfair to denigrate a lounge that is in the middle of a major upgrade. Personally I loved the old Pier F, largely because of the daybreak rooms which I really liked – a quiet personal space with a TV, a comfortable lounger, and cocktails on demand :-). I am sure that the new lounge, when it opens, will be a huge improvement.

If there is any CX lounge that is really poor, it is G16, which is a complete disgrace. About the only thing that can be said in its favour is that it reduces traffic in the other lounges… But why anyone would use it? Beats me. With the QF lounge almost next door, I can only assume that the poor saps (mostly on KA) who get directed to it don’t understand that they have half a dozen excellent alternatives that they are entitled to use.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls