Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

The new Pier First Class Lounge is as others have said, excellent. Equally I have yet to have a poor experience at The Wing. It maybe to early to say whether the management of the lounges changing from Peninsula to Premium has /will have an impact. From CX people l know well the change was a cost cutting exercise so we shall see. I also walk between lounges Wong and Pier when there is time a) to get some variety and b) get some exercise. The walk between Gate 65 and Gates 1-4 will take between 10-15 minutes depending on how fast you want to walk for those interested.

Londonian
    Participant

Yes I’ve just seen this link on austbt
    http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-s-new-london-heathrow-lounges-to-open-in-august

And thanks! Shame for me as it was originally meant to be opening next month.

stevescoots
    Participant

I use F Cx lounge in HKG all the time, probably every 3 weeks or so. TBH I never take any notice of which one is which by name but i always find the one on the immigration level (left at hall A) is the best

NTarrant
    Participant

I’ve been sitting in the Pier for what will be close on 3 hours due to delayed flight, but the choice of snacks appear to have been reduced. At first when i arrived about 1330 there were breakfast items laid out. Later the only change was some Brie and biscuits appeared. At 1700 still no change.

Has the shine gone off?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

At The Pier near to Gate 65 the portions have definitely got smaller in the restaurant

MartynSinclair
    Participant

new catering company a month or so back..

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Yes I know Peninsula’s contract was not renewed and CX’s lounges are now run by Plaza Premium Lounges. The quality is thus far still there but portion sizes down. It will be interesting to see what the new CX Lounge at T3 at LHR will look like when it opens soon!

cwoodward
    Participant

To answer Londonian’s question re Cathay F LHR Lounge reopening. I was advised last week that the reopening is now scheduled for mid September. That the F lounge will be some 30% larger than the previously and be a scaled down version of the new Hong Kong Pier lounge. Also that the J lounge will also be larger than the previous lounge and be a similar design to the excellent refurbished lounges that have been opening around Asian destinations over the past 12 months.
    At Gatwick it seems CX will use the BA lounge when it opens in November(?) but until then there seems to be no information currently (CX starts to fly 4 times a week using A350 aircraft from 2nd September) available other than that there will lounge availability… which is rather odd given that flights commence in 3 weeks and nothing posted re Gatwick on CX lounges website page.

cwoodward
    Participant

In my 3 visits to the Pier lounge in the past few weeks I have not noticed any reduction in the portion size at breakfast or lunch and the cooked breakfast quality seems to have improved. I have not visited the lounge in the evening which I understand is now very busy and could perhaps be the cause of any reduced portion size at that time if the lounge was unexpected busy . Now that the change of caterer in The Wing lounge has had time to bed-in I find the quality of both food and service to be vastly improved from that catered by Peninsula in the last year of their contract and I like the extensive buffet offering which I use as a starter course and order a main from the menu if I have time and am hungry.
    Now with the Pier lounge reopened and the Wing less busy I find it the more comfortable of the two

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I’ll be passing through CLK on Sunday and next Thursday and will visit The Wing

HongKongLady
    Participant

I prefer the new Pier to the Wing, although less airy. I didn’t realise there was a spa, I normally flop with a glass of something so I will seek it out next time. Has anyone used it ? I assume it is not a complementary one.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls