Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I am flying HKG-FRA in F and wondered what lounge I should use, Is it the Pier? I would like to make use of a cabana which I believe are available for 90 minutes per person. My flight does not depart until 00.35 and I plan to get to the airport at around 18,00, as am at a bit of a loss at to what else to do. Will I be permitted to enter the lounge so early before my flight?

lcpteck
    Participant

I think Cabanas are only available in the Wing.

Londonian
    Participant

I have been twice in the Pier First Class Lounge recently and it is excellent. There are rest cabins and a spa to get a foot and shoulder massage. The restaurant is very good. It is currently one of my favourite lounges. Additionally the design is beautiful. Enjoy yourself there!

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

FirstClassWannabe,

While there are “cabanas” at the new First Pier lounge, they are not as private as the ones at the First Wing. They’ve also had some internet connectivity issues, when I was there last (not sure if it’s been fixed). These cabanas also do not have bath facilities, unlike the cabanas at the Wing. There are however lovely shower rooms at the Pier stocked with Asop toiletries.

Given that you’ll be at the airport at 1800h, I suggest you head to the Wing for a soak in the tub at one of the cabanas. Then make your way to the Pier for a light supper. I believe the menu for the table service at the Pier is a lot better than at the Wing. If you want a coffee later, head to the Bridge near gate 35. The barrista there pulls a mean espresso.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Impressed and disappointed within minutes…

Arriving at G25 – went to the First Class lounge at the Wing. Long Q to get in, but what impressed me was by the time I went up the escalator, I was greeted by name and direct to the F lounge – very impressed.

Disappointment – both the Wing and the Pier are described as F lounges.. Although I have just noticed on my ticket wallet that only the Pier is described as F status.

The 2 lounges are worlds apart…. with the Wing, which was once a world class F lounge now very much the poor relation…

Service and menu very weak, compared to the Pier….

Now Club World back to London……….. its all a guessing game…

EDIT – above was written whilst waiting for food… SERVICE RECOVERY as only the Asians can achieve. Well done the chef… a delicious special meal produced within 20 minutes… off menu…..

NTarrant
    Participant

I have used the Wing a few times recently and agree with Martyn it’s one of those that is impressive but not at the same time.

I also like the Pier, but it does depend on your departure gate. I have yet to use the Bridge, never been a gate near!

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I was at the Pier yesterday am and the internet was fine. Personally, if my boarding gate is 20 or higher I head to the Pier. Everything about it works very well, it holds a lot more people than you might first think on entering. Comfy chairs, great bar, spa treatments, restaurant etc, all v. good.

I’ve noticed it getting much busier over my last few visits, with a noticeably large number of Qantas FF (Judging by tags on bags) using the lounge. So the word is out that it’s the place to head to. Though to be fair it wasn’t packed to the rafters.

Hoping CX don’t go down the QR road of only offering it to those in F, and not top tier OW as they currently do.

RichardB
    Participant

The menu is quite different in the two F lounges. The pier is substantially better with menu offering about 4x as many dishes as the wing. They are quite small portions though but quality is really five star. Puts BA LHR “first” lounges to shame.
    Even the business class lounges at HK are better than LHR T5 first lounge. And the slurping plastic showers (complete with mouldy grouting) at T5 arrivals lounge are pitiful to what is offered even in the business class/sapphire lounge at HK.

I’ve found all CX lounges really nice, the one in TPE is also very spacious (especially since most of the time i’m flying TPE-HKG which is a one hour flight comparable to MAN-LHR !!)

Travellator
    Participant

Martyn
    And the Club World flight back ?

Londonian
    Participant

Does anybody know when the new CX F lounge at LHR T3 will (re)open. I am flying out at the end of June and I am hoping it will be open by then.

esselle
    Participant

My advice would be to head for the Pier. Much more enclosed and cosseting than the Wing, and worth making the treck even if it is not the nearest to your gate.

Relevant comments have already been made about the offer and environment, but would just add that it makes the CCR feel a bit like a Post House lobby…..!!

Steptoe
    Participant

Was in the Pier on Saturday night, not very busy and excellent service. This and Qantas first at LAX are my two favourites

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Travellator – uneventful, but again another FULL flight..

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Londonian. I was told the CX T3 lounge would reopen in July but when they were not sure. More than likely it will be August

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls