Cathay Pacific back in profit

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Yesterday Cathay pacific posted an annual profit of Hong Kong $2.8 billion, this after 2 years of losses which were unprecedented for the airline that since inception has rarely failed to post healthy profits.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

cwoodward
    Participant

Sorry,a typo in my above. Should have read 2.3 billion.
    Profit was in fact 2.345 billion

w8ster
    Participant

A bit slow to respond but this is awesome news. Reading through your piece on this, I can say a lot of the points made about focusing on services for business travellers is very apparent to me as a frequent use of that product. Over the last 5 years I have noticed progressive changes in the onboard experiences from seats, meals, drinks to IFE. For me, what made the biggest difference is the team in London particularly the Marketing team that goes over and beyond consistently to make it a smooth experience even before you step on the plane. It is clear that they are not just there to help when things are normal but make a massive effort when things isn’t going to plan for me and always with compassion and genuine interest. The events they host in the UK for upper tier members are experience that no other airlines have done from my personal experience. It appears they do know their customers well hence the biggest reason I ditched Singapore Airlines for Cathay many years ago even though both are equally good point for transit for my regular connections.

Whilst I do not have numbers to back this up, I think their strategy of not adopting the giant A380 (which I do love) was a clever one since they are able to offer more timing options by increasing regularity of flights (example the 5 a day to LHR plus the daily now at Gatwick). Just hoping now that I have relocated, their marketing team here are as wonderful as they are in London.

[quote quote=922783]Here is our piece on it.

Cathay Pacific returns to profitability after two years of losses[/quote]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls