Cathay Pacific B777-300ER Three-Class (77G)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I spent HK$700 extra to buy the extra legroom seat for my round trip from Hong Kong to San Francisco, because CX promise that this kind of seating will give passengers a more COMFORTABLE journey.

I took CX 892 on June 30 from Hong Kong, when I was onboard, I did not find space in the storage above that window seat. Also I found there was a slot with a lot of CX brochures untidily inserted thus I cannot lean on the window for resting.

I had called one of the cabin crew to express my frustration. But she said extra legroom seat was only guaranteeing for the space in front of the leg, she cannot help for removing the brochures or getting the storage space then she left. Thus that I had to put my bag on my lap or beside my leg, but all along the journey, none of the cabin crew care of my situation. Until the period landing to SF airport, one staff coming to me and accused me that I should not put my bag beside my leg to against the rule.

I feel really disappointed and unhappy by spending extra money to buy such a special seat, so I sent my feedback to CX to express my feeling. However the reply from the Supervisor ( Dan Fernandes) of Cathay Pacific Customer Relation Dept pointed out that extra legroom seats " offer more legroom than other seats in the economy cabin. However, the space and comfort around these seats depend on the aircraft configuration".

Since I have also bought a extra legroom seat for my return journey, I asked CX to ensure the same thing will not happen again by cancel my extra legroom seat or change the seat number, but CX refused me both requests.

Well, HK$700 is not that much,the point is the principle. I take a very good lesson from Cathay Pacific!

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Ming can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls